Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: So let's talk about lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Right, so, I've been experiencing some random lag lately. I've looked it over, nothing I can do to fix it. I have a vague idea that it might be connected to some new ISP policies going on in the US, but that's not a can of worms I intend to open here.

I've never really had to deal with lag before from my end of things. As for shooting people with it, I just accepted it as a fact of life that neither myself nor them could change and dealt with it, but being the lagger has opened my eyes up a bit to things recently.

So apparently stuff like this is pretty common place. It's not something that I, nor anyone else most of the time, has any control over. Hence the paying for better net comment.

I don't understand the rage, and underhanded measures that go along with fights involving lag. It's not cool, I can't help it, nor than most others, and I'm not about to stop playing the game and enjoying myself for 90% of the server's sake.

Whole reason I posted this thing was because I believe it falls under 0.0. Next time you get into a fight with somebody who lags, chill out and look at it from their perspective for a minute. I think everyone would end up having a much better time while playing if they did.

~ Justin
Q_Q... I almost never lag, but it seems the whole server does, or other people do...

Because We've done countless fights in conneticut with Valors and RH BS's and the forward guns will go off way to the side and still hit you...

Other times, the forward gun projectile will hit your ship visibly but nothnig will happen...

Also sometimes happens with Mortars and their variants...
' Wrote:the forward guns will go off way to the side and still hit you...

same goes for mini razors sometimes.
Lag can't really be helped - but the lagger has the OPTION of going the extra mile by suggesting a pause in the interaction until the lag subsides. It's neither required nor should it be required - but a gesture of good faith. Other than that, there's really nothing to be done about it.
Ahh, so now you guys know what its like for us australian players and people not from europe(which is where the server is located right?) thats why its extremely hard fight, and most of the time its impossible. a good day is 350 for us. bad is 500.
' Wrote:Ahh, so now you guys know what its like for us australian players and people not from europe(which is where the server is located right?) thats why its extremely hard fight, and most of the time its impossible. a good day is 350 for us. bad is 500.
I'm an ANZLAGGER and I can fight just fine.
ping 180 and lag 14? Thats like a good day for me down in NZ.
its not that bad....when you get lags....you feel More For Trading..."Smiles.."
and when you start to JUST trading...you see alot of money in your pockets.....well..then get a Camara ship...and Mount a Cap 8 on it....and start TS'ing people who feel got the Courage to face you.....

or simply ...become a Capwhore.

no one can fix lags mate....its a damn...Big problem here too....i

always end up playing offline games....you know..

anyway, i hope you manage to get rid of lags Soon !

Someone Bless us ALL!
' Wrote:Lag can't really be helped - but the lagger has the OPTION of going the extra mile by suggesting a pause in the interaction until the lag subsides. It's neither required nor should it be required - but a gesture of good faith. Other than that, there's really nothing to be done about it.

This is a gesture of good faith, but one would assume that lagger may simply not have any choice in the matter.

The person in the OP's example is a scumbag, though. Threatening to gank another player for something out of their control is heartless.
Let's make it straight ... a sabre VS a liberty LF with 10% lag = impossible to hit, impossible to kill it

This must be solved ... somehow.
I suggest: close conn on peak hours
Pages: 1 2 3