Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Player Base: Enemy Tag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How hard would it be to incorporate an Enemy List for player bases? (opposite of ally tag)

For example:

Base A is designed to be a commerce base so it is set at Defense Mode 2 so that it allows docking to all players. This would allow even players that are obviously enemies to this faction/group that owns this base. If there was something like Enemy Tag setup for the base, it could register these contacts as hostile much the same way as it registers Ally tags as Friendly. Ships that come up as Enemies would be fired upon automatically in this case regardless of defense-mode.

Thoughts?

~Missymagic/Fuzzybear
Bump, because I had the same Idea and it seems to of been overlooked.
The current bases have an option to be assigned with by the logged in admins reputation. In other words, a BMM base would shoot mollies. What the bases need right now, however, is a chance to manually add hostile targets and or tags.
I agree with spazz, the POB's need to have an option where you can manually add/remove certain group

maybe in the way; /add Liberty Rogues +2,
in which the +2 is the rep level from -9 to +9
I dunno, with the base IFFs do we really need this anymore? Personally I would see a base rename functionality or the ability to buy and sell at different prices as higher priority now.
' Wrote:I dunno, with the base IFFs do we really need this anymore? Personally I would see a base rename functionality or the ability to buy and sell at different prices as higher priority now.
Yes, we do. These names are fictionalized, but take this scenario as proof of why:

TraderJoe gets access to BuilderBob's Interspace Commerce base Taco Stand. Then a pirate names himself TraderJoe'sEnemy and shoots up TraderJoe when he's about to sell stuff at Taco Stand, then sells it himself.

With the current system, there's no way to prevent TraderJoe'sEnemy from docking at Taco Stand if he manages to make his rep neutral to Interspace Commerce. This is a problem.
Which is all fine and dandy, were it not that TraderJoe'sEnemy doesn't have a tag which you can set hostile. If you're going to do anything with untagged folk, you can really only go by IFF.

Blowing an Interspace person up, then stealing their cargo and selling it on an Interspace base would constitute a 6.10 rule violation by the way.
' Wrote:Which is all fine and dandy, were it not that TraderJoe'sEnemy doesn't have a tag which you can set hostile. If you're going to do anything with untagged folk, you can really only go by IFF.

Blowing an Interspace person up, then stealing their cargo and selling it on an Interspace base would constitute a 6.10 rule violation by the way.

Incorrect.

Just like with adding random indies to the base that help you,
you should be able to tag random indies that constantly attack you
in this case the owner would tag "TraderJoe'sEnemy" as a tag.

Another issue this would solve is:

My base gets sieged by BHG every now and then.
Only way I can make my base shoot the BHG is to set it to
Order rep... Means that my lovely PFI suppliers cant land.

Being able to set BHG tag as hostile would fix this.
It would be wonderful to have a Black List.

I'm not going to mention a certain ship (that is [HoT] tagged) that even though he has been FR5'd twice and breaks 6.9 every time he undoes the FR5 still manages to dock on Freeport 1.

If he came to Omega-49 it would be wholly out of role play for him to dock on Nichols - yet he can because he knows how to bypass the FR5 that he has received.

Wouldn't be able to bypass a black list with his tag in it.