Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: redefine pirate ID as generic unlawful ID
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
One thing bugging me is the Pirate ID is really geared with a specifci narrow kind of unlawful RP, specifically piracy. But there are lots of roles that are "unlawful" that do not center around piracy. For example, the revolutionary that just wants to attack lawfuls, but does not participate in piracy. Or another example, the vigilante who is treated as outlaw by the lawfuls, but is also hostile to the unlawfuls (a vigilante pirate would be stupid). Slaver and Smuggler IDs could also be used for this, even though they are not pirates exactly.

Back when the IDs were simplified and the leaf-node IDs were eliminated because of their narrow purpose, I was hoping to have a general "unlawful" that would serve as this kind of catch-all, so consider this a request to followup on that by eliminating the last narrow purpose ID ("pirate ID") and replacing it with a generalized unlawful ID.
I still say merge all generic IDs into the freelance ID.
This is covered by the freelancer ID. Why do you think 75% of all freelancers are attacking lawfuls hourly. Frelancer ID is the "unlawful" ID. It is why i truely hate it. Most will just sit around lawfuls for hours waiting until crap happens, and then join in on the unlawful side. Sadly no matter how many times you report them for it, admins do nothing. No payment? no matter, it is freelancer ID the get away with anything ID
Try to shoot a freelancer ID'd player? NO cannot do that. They are lawful all of a sudden, and done nothing wrong.
It is the most abused ID in the game, and admins allow it. Pirate ID players have more honor, and i hate those, just not as much as Freelancers.
So your angry because people dont tell you in advance what they plan to do? Hey its called sommon sense.
' Wrote:So your angry because people dont tell you in advance what they plan to do? Hey its called sommon sense.

No i am angry when jack-offs abuse the hell out of an ID, including the rules in said ID, and admins allow it hourly. But go 1 system outside of ZOI in a "real" ID and BAM! your sanctioned.
Freelancers have to be payed to jump into a furball. But yet they do it all the time without even a word that they are entering it. Any sanction for this? nope. A navy/rogue/corp ID does this? And BAM! they get slammed.
It is basically a do what ever you want ID, and get out of jail free card all in 1. All you have to do is claim "it is your RP" and your all good.
I've yet to see a saction for being out of your ZOI in ages. Seriously, its proceeding to pew people that gets you sanctioned, unless, ofc, you're doing it in self defense. There's about, what, 2, 3? IDs that have actual Zones of operation that prevent you from even going there.

Edit: Ontopic, I like this idea, but giving piracy and bounty huntin' makes for a bad combo. I assume this may not be the case for the "Generic Unlawful" but the closest would've been the slaver ID. Sure, pirates can't bounty hunt, but a freelancer can, and can be unlawful.

Thing is, having a license just to shoot lawfuls because you're "Unlawful" really isn't a good idea, even if they can only use fighters and bombers. Granted, you can do that with a pirate ID.
' Wrote:No i am angry when jack-offs abuse the hell out of an ID, including the rules in said ID, and admins allow it hourly. But go 1 system outside of ZOI in a "real" ID and BAM! your sanctioned.
Freelancers have to be payed to jump into a furball. But yet they do it all the time without even a word that they are entering it. Any sanction for this? nope. A navy/rogue/corp ID does this? And BAM! they get slammed.
It is basically a do what ever you want ID, and get out of jail free card all in 1. All you have to do is claim "it is your RP" and your all good.

This is going offtopic.
I'd love to see "Pirate ID" changed to "Unlawful ID"

Just to let people knew they are free to Role Play with more freedom... Though all the freedom you need is already there with the Pirate ID, the name just kinda makes it seem one dimensional.
Pirating is only unlawful if there's an entity that say's it's unlawful.

So what happens to this entity if it no longer exists?
I actually liked the more specific ID's better.

Sure, not much a difference between FL and Mercenary, but a large one between Slaver and Pirate, for example.

Quote:Thing is, having a license just to shoot lawfuls because you're "Unlawful" really isn't a good idea, even if they can only use fighters and bombers. Granted, you can do that with a pirate ID.

That
Pages: 1 2