Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Thanks, Amurricah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yep, I'm afraid I have much the same attitude to the Olympics as many people.

Sure, it's the biggest show on earth and it only happens once every four years..... thank god.

So far I have managed to miss watching any of it.... except the snippets shown on the news, which I expect are the 'good' bits, as it were.
They forced a part of the opening ceremony on me while I was in Rundle Mall during AVCon, sneaky buggers. Damn that giant screen.
' Wrote:Sure, it's the biggest show on earth and it only happens once every four years.

I thought it happened once every two years? :S.

Though, I've personally never watched the Olympics, it's not really something any of my family or friends have been interested in, so I've never really given it much thought.
I read this article today, and it made me much more interested in the Olympics than I have ever been before.

So apparantly the Olympic Village is one big orgy... Hmm...
' Wrote:You're blaming a country for the actions of a company and the International Olympic Committee? Lets dispense with the petty nation-bashing, despite how popular it is to take shots at the U.S. It's bad form, especially when the country has nothing to do with it, and especially during a sporting event that was created in order to bring nations together and promote unity.

Agreed..:crazy:
' Wrote:[Image: tunj1-tweeted-this-image-with-the-captio...g-like.jpg]

WINNER!

(Of the thread - loser as far as all those countries are concerned. How dare they seek their freedom? Including you, you pesky Amuuricans....

:crazy::lol:
who gives a rats ass about the olympics what a freakin waste of money only thing worse is eurovision

I make the funniest threads while drunk. (sun)
' Wrote:I read this article today, and it made me much more interested in the Olympics than I have ever been before.

So apparantly the Olympic Village is one big orgy... Hmm...

That explains why they break their necks to go there every 4 years:lol:
I must admit that what's happening to be keeps to be a violation in the country's anti-monopoloy laws. And to be honest I'd rather watch the olympics than vote for our next president. That's every 4 years and no longer worth my time.

Irwin.

Summer olympics every 4 years, winter every 4. They just transition it every 2 years back and forth.
Pages: 1 2 3 4