Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Is this really allowed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I'll say this:

1. It's not bad RP for somebody to have misleading small talk with a person, to lure them into a false sense of security.

2. However, if that person was a miner who was mining with you only moments before logging his pirate to come and kill you... That's just poor form.
The above scenario is against the rules. Either he was multiboxing, which is against the rules, or he F1'd from player interaction, which is against the rules. Being in combat when F1ing isn't required. If there is ANY interaction going on and they F1, they've violated the rules.
Quote:Then Player B enters the mining field with his mining ship. Player A then engages cloaking device and approaches him with his pirate. He has the freelancer IFF so that Player B don't notice he's a pirate.

I don't see where any interaction happened if we go solely by the OP's own words. F1'ing in front of another player is not against the rules. F1'ing during interaction is. If we go by the above quote, player A merely F1'd when another player was around.

Thus, no, it isn't against the rules. Poor form? Sure.
It's not just combat, if he was talking with you then he broke the F1 rule.
' Wrote:I don't see where any interaction happened if we go solely by the OP's own words. F1'ing in front of another player is not against the rules. F1'ing during interaction is. If we go by the above quote, player A merely F1'd when another player was around.

Thus, no, it isn't against the rules. Poor form? Sure.
If you're close enough for the player to see you, and subsequently get the Cloaking message, it's against the rules to F1.
' Wrote:If you're close enough for the player to see you, and subsequently get the Cloaking message, it's against the rules to F1.
Wrong, requires player interaction. Seeing someone on scanner is not player interaction.

EDIT: In this case, player interaction was the conversation case closed. /thread
' Wrote:If you're close enough for the player to see you, and subsequently get the Cloaking message, it's against the rules to F1.

Do you even read the rules before you comment?

Quote:5.9 Disconnecting from the server in a PvP fight to escape, as well as in any other situation that involves player interaction, is not allowed. If you lose server connection during a player interaction, you should get back in game quickly to continue the interaction, with the other player's permission. If that is not possible, then post on the forums and PM the players involved.

The rules is very clear in that disconnecting in any situation that involves player interaction is not allowed. No where does it say disconnecting in the presence of another player is not allowed.

If you read the OP's description of the events, player A F1'd before any interaction occurred. He returned on his pirate and that is when interaction occurred. Thus, no rule was broken.

Course, you could file a report and see if the admins think otherwise or if they will leverage their magic rule.
Actually, if you F1 in front of someone, it is against the rules. People have been sanctioned for it. Many times. Don't F1 if someone is in scanner range.
' Wrote:Actually, if you F1 in front of someone, it is against the rules. People have been sanctioned for it. Many times. Don't F1 if someone is in scanner range.

I'm sorry, but I'll trust the word of an admin over the opinion of a moderator.

Edit: Please, since you have claimed there are many sanctions, do toss us some links. I'm sure I'll be able to point out that there was interaction and not merely F1'n in front of another player.

Edit 2: Look, I'm so awesome I did so for you.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=129097

No indication of any interaction. Now I'll have to pester wishy washy man.
That one actually did have interaction. I would look up some of the sanctions for you, but there are so many F1 sanctions that it'd take a long time to go through them and I'm not going to put in that kind of effort. It's always been a policy, especially back when a lot of traders were F1ing the moment someone showed up on their scanners, to avoid pirates.

F1ing in front of somebody with your miner so you can switch to a combat ship and shoot them, that's just common sense. You're going to get hit with a sanction for doing that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5