Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Faction Forum Disorginization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Look, I understand how the Faction Forum orginization is done, but so far it's just a big jumbled mess. So here I am making another suggestion, and I think I may have made it before, but in my old age (hey I'm 20, I can have memory problems!) I've forgotton where I've posted it and don't have enough time to search for it, so here goes.

So far, what I've seen on the server during my time in the states when I actually COULD get on, was tagged members whom I had absolutly no idea who they were or what they stood for. So I didn't know "Hey, I need to go around this system." or "Oh they're friendly to me." Many times it resulted in me blowing up, dying, or screaming for mercy. So, here is what I'm suggesting.

Two new subforums under the faction forum here. "Offical Factions" and "Unoffical Factions". Faction leaders must post in these forums and someone can moderate these posts (I will if no one else will step forward, I'm on the forums every day for at least two to three hours at a time and can do it sucessfully) to ensure that they do not get disorganized or what not. Sorry, the post with all the factions in one thread is confusing and makes it hard to find faction documents. If the Faction area was setup like this...

Discovery RP Factions
Offical Factions
Unoffical Factions
Offical Faction Creation Requests
Faction Recruitment
Faction Feedback

This would organize the situation signifigantly. Not only that, but faction leaders could update the faction document and then bump it so that it goes to the top of the list for others to see, it would also identify to the admins or moderator that the faction documents at the bottom of the list are more inactive than the others, and if a spring cleaning is needed of factions, they could step in and order a roll call to see who is left. If it's under five members, they are made unoffical and must go back through the approval process again. This would ensure that "dead" factions can be removed from offical status if need be.

I don't know if I'm speaking Greek or not, but if I am let me know, and give me some feedback on this idea, let me know what you guys think.

~Leo
No replies? No one feels the same way?
I think the info could be very nicely put into the Wiki, which can just be better organized than a forum.
Well mate I agree with ya, as soon as the wiki is updated the forum will have less clutter, thats for sure, we just need some active Wiki admins to do so. (I'm not volunteering, to little time at the moment, perhaps in a few months)
Subforums are supplementary, and I don't see a point for creating a separate place for "unofficial factions".

As for official factions, they have the main forum to use.

Wiki is being improved, maybe in a week or two we'll get enough info for factions. List is nearly complete by now.
Too bad the government blocks the site:(

I hate my job.

~Leo

P.S. Also a few more suggestions wouldn't hurt I suppose. What if we restricted the forum to registered users only, and moved the mod to only be able to be downloaded from the forum directly, that way it forced people to register on the forum before playing the game. I'm not suggesting turning people away because they don't want to register, but if they don't, then would we really want them to play here before even reading the rules?
' Wrote:P.S. Also a few more suggestions wouldn't hurt I suppose. What if we restricted the forum to registered users only, and moved the mod to only be able to be downloaded from the forum directly, that way it forced people to register on the forum before playing the game. I'm not suggesting turning people away because they don't want to register, but if they don't, then would we really want them to play here before even reading the rules?
I didn't even know about this forum when I downloaded the mod, so this would probably reduce the influx of new players.
I'm not going to restrict mod downloads. I know that some do this, but it's not the best pattern to follow.
Nodwick, Wrathkin, me, Kuraine, and Hyperion are the most active editors that I see. It's all coming together quite well.
You're the boss Igiss. Just offering up suggestions is all.

~Leo
Pages: 1 2