Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How can I make a Faction ID?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have models(Which I will be asking those with the right tools to help me with them, converting and all that), the system will have to remain "WIP"(Ill have to set it aside, since I can just have the locations of Stations in various systems), but I dont have a ID created for the SSC Faction. Is there a template I can use or can someone give the names each file needed, with information on the important parts.
You cannot simply make your own player faction ID because you want to. Your faction has to start with a generic ID, become official, and have been constantly active on the server for years before anyone so much as considers giving you a custom player faction ID.

The mod does not need ships made for a faction that does not exist; it needs replacements for imports and low quality models.
The fact Im working on one for the update(A custom one), I want to know how, not some excuse that "Well, its not a Faction!" Im trying to make a faction here, "buddy". If your not gonna help, dont post if you dont understand the reason.
I think you might be over reacting to Echo's post. He pretty much just straight up said it how it is. Getting an ID in game takes years of work and RP and activity and it is really hard to do.

Edit:
Unless you mean like, making your own ID for your own server. That is possible.
' Wrote:The fact Im working on one for the update(A custom one), I want to know how, not some excuse that "Well, its not a Faction!" Im trying to make a faction here, "buddy". If your not gonna help, dont post if you dont understand the reason.
His point is, custom IDs simply aren't handed out easily. The only time they're granted is when a pre-existing official faction has been active for a prolonged period of time and could be improved by having their own ID.
If Echo put in such a way that didnt seem "Trolling" in a way, I might not have jumped at him. To me, Discovery is in need of a event, since Gallia isnt going to be having a revolution or anything like that, a new faction with equal ships and weapons would make that change, just a faction that isnt hostile to everyone.
That awkward moment when you tell it how it is and you get called a troll.

' Wrote:If Echo put in such a way that didnt seem "Trolling" in a way, I might not have jumped at him. To me, Discovery is in need of a event, since Gallia isnt going to be having a revolution or anything like that, a new faction with equal ships and weapons would make that change, just a faction that isnt hostile to everyone.

And how do you know for sure that Gallia won't change in the future? In fact, it most definitely will be changed for v4.87, both astrographically and politically.
I'm pretty sure I'm correct in saying that he's asking how to code an ID himself, not for a discussion on whether or not that ID will be in Discovery.

I'd help, but I dislike the ID system too much to have looked into it much.
You have to RP.
You got some big plans there bud. Luckily they ain't gonna happen.
Pages: 1 2