Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Community Input on Outcasts in 4.87
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I would be interested in seeing something come about between Nox and Cardamine, some kind of biological repulsion between the two, such as the Nox drug fighting the Cardamine and vice-versa, and thus in a Cardamine/Nox-user both become a toxin if mixed appropriately after a certain stage of addiction.
I once thought of trying to roleplay out a story post with some UC scientists doing research to discover something like this, after the comms post about a +LE+ leader's death following an overdose of the aforementioned substances. I gave that up though as I doubt I can think of a way to scientifically prove such an event taking place (I'm bad at science, and Nox hasn't got much information behind it besides its origin and processing. :$).

Seeing Outcast activity in other areas besides Tau space would be interesting too, and perhaps if they started using their Lorraine base.

/My 2-cents
' Wrote:I suggest you check out the Info card about Blood Dragons. And well, maybe they are not the "closest" allies, but they inRP are still allies. Or are supposed to be.
Care to point which infocard is it?
Can't remove Eta. Sorry but that would require a character wipe and we've already seen how opposed people are to losing their imaginary space property.
' Wrote:Can't remove Eta. Sorry but that would require a character wipe and we've already seen how opposed people are to losing their imaginary space property.

Don't need to remove it. De-link it from the rest of the systems, leave it that way for a single version. Plenty of time for people to get their ships moved out of the system.

Problem isn't people's ship when it comes to deleting a system, from what I gather deleting a system causes issues with the game itself.
The problem is you can't delete jump holes either because their location is stored in peoples character files. They can be made impassable with flhook or made to lead elsewhere though.
The character files cant be edited? There's not a bulk editor for them? Wow
Sair and OC war is overrated, mostly by people who don't play OC nor Sairs. Justifications for that war are mega poor anyway. It's not even a war as people used to think in disco. In that case Eta was stupid enough because it was made just to represent not existant war, removing it for good would be kind of a good decition. Regarding problems with it's removal, the hole between lambda and eta can be shutted down by some way so the jump will not be possibru. If there are serious problems with removal of them then they can be left as a remote systems to explore, one for each side.

Everyone got bored of OC\Sair quasi war a big time and also OCs and Sairs didn't evolved anywhere for too long as an NPC factions. So making a Hispania house is worth a shot.
' Wrote:The character files cant be edited? There's not a bulk editor for them? Wow
They can be, but it's a pain in the ass to edit up to several thousand of them.
For the record, as I recall, the CoE didn't say no to a non agression pact straight away. They asked some/all of their members and then replied based on the responses they had.
As it stands now, the main place they would meet is in the Sigmas. There is no need to change their current diplomatic position regarding the Hispanic houses as they rarely meet and it adds interest when they do.
Just what would it achieve?
Making more allies won't help the Outcasts activity. It might give them a wider ZoI I suppose but if they are friendly with lots of people, wheres the interest?
The more diverse the population of Sirius, the more interest the Outcasts will get. If everyone joins a superalliance, it gets boring quickly and I should know...
I would suggest they get 'unfriendly' with the Bretonians for a start.
I'd also look to increase the traffic flow in Kusari. The most utilized ID'd traders can't go there so this limits activity up there for everyone (including Kusari natives of course).
Junkers, Bretonians (not so much now - not sure) and Zoners can't really dock there. I would imagine this limits any interaction there.
The niobium run kept Sigma 13 and large parts of Kusari VERY busy as I recall so look at maybe one obvious good trade run that is exposed in Kusari.
Give lower paid shorter trade runs for Outcast ID'd ships to do that don't involve Liberty.
Finally, I'd pay Outcasts to fly Kraken armed Sabres and shoot down my enemies. Whether you pay mercs or not is entirely for you to decide but by doing so, the average player just makes one merc that can do it all. The Zoner of PvP ID's as it were. This way, at least the Outcast ID gets a proper playerbase, interested in pushing Outcast goals and not their own.

' Wrote:As I already said they fought in the Sigmas frequently over smuggling routes and piracy rights, but they were by no means two nations at war and plenty of them got on just fine outside of such fights.

It's explained in vanilla rumors somewhere.

Wasn't that the one about outcast and corsair getting along in a junker base bar or something like that?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15