Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Requesting permission to dock..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alpha 1, Beta 9. Codename: Purple Fox.

Hello, everyone!
I'm new, obviously, and very excited. I'm not experienced with it yet, but I love the idea of RP in Freelancer.
I hope I'll be a pleasant addition to the community.

However, I'm not quite sure where to begin!
I got a good story for my character and I know where I'd like to go with him, so I'm okay there, I also read Xoria's rookie thread which helped quite a bit, and I've been around the forum reading READ THIS threads.. but alot of the times I just have no idea what they are talking about.
Are there any threads that will help me get started with RPing, get to know the current situation in the starsystems, find out which faction I'd like to join, etc..?

Thanks for all help and welcomes!

See you in space.
Welcome sir.

Watch your back. Some nasty pirates out there.
And some good pirates too. And some bad systems.
And some good systems too!

Safe Tradings.

[Image: junkertk8.gif] Hyung Soong
' Wrote:Alpha 1, Beta 9. Codename: Purple Fox.

Hello, everyone!
I'm new, obviously, and very excited. I'm not experienced with it yet, but I love the idea of RP in Freelancer.
I hope I'll be a pleasant addition to the community.

Are there any threads that will help me get started with RPing, get to know the current situation in the starsystems, find out which faction I'd like to join, etc..?

Thanks for all help and welcomes!

See you in space.

Welcome...
Read the rules over and over. Have fun - pay the pirates - explore - have more fun... and then
If you ever decide to be sligtly less independent with your mining - please consider joining us... the IMG.

IMG faction proposal

IMG offsite forums

You seem like a great new player! So I'm gonna (as always) give out my recruitment plugs!

Join the BLS! We're monopolizing smugglers!

Join the LPI! We're awesome donut-munching rent-a-cops!

Read my stories! They are great! Heck, just click every link in my sig and we'll be best friends, I promise.
Welcome to Discovery .Have Fun
Greetings! You saw me over Manhattan yesterday, and you said something about "Good to see the Navy strutting its stuff". I must say, it's a refreshing attitude!

EDIT: My ship was the LNS-Hampton.Roads.
Welcome, Mr. Charm!

To answer your question, Xoria also has a character creation thread which is helpful; check that out. Also, you should just look at the RP stories already written, and think along those lines.

Other than that, contribute to the community, and have a great time!

(IMG is great for mining, and if you ever want a trading faction, check out the links below! :))
Hey howdy!

The rules are your friend and so are these!

Watch out for dem darn pesky Xenos whilst floating about Colorado bangin rocks together! We're a troublesome bunch! Enjoy yourself and feel free to give a shout if you have any questions/cares/concerns!

-DL
Welcome to Discovery.

Number one advice is "Never, ever, say anything in system chat unless it's in character." If you can do that you're way ahead of the average new player. Of course reading and obeying the rules is right up there too ;)

Spend some time doing some trade runs or a mission or two in New York, but pay attention to what is being said by others. You'll see both good and bad RP there and you'll see some who haven't figured out that the server is about role play yet.
Watch and learn, then move out into other systems with a purpose. When you come accross others intereact with them. Even if you just start with "Greetings Mr Trader" or "Oh dear, a pirate!" you'll find those who want to play along and those who don't.

Always keep in mind that we're all here to have fun. So lets have fun!

See you in space.

P.S. Join Synth Foods and feed the universe with us!
Hey, everyone, thank you so much for your welcomes and advice!
It all helped alot.:)

I think I know which faction I'd like to join.. I haven't seen any of their players online yet, but perhaps they're just in other systems!

By the way, is it a good idea to post a character biography yet, or should I lurk a little more first?

Thanks again, everyone.
Pages: 1 2