Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: hey Bret faction leaders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Bret currently has 10% nerf on Liberty and 25% nerf on Council, but Council ships complement the Bret lineup better than Liberty ships. The gunboat and cruiser dont have much to offer, but the rest is very nice fit. You should request to have the technerf swapped.

Basilisk is awesome complement to Challenger, while Upholder is awful. Basilisk is super agile, would be nice to have in some quick-strike operations, but its not feasible with 25% nerf. Upholder isn't even worth using with 10% nerf; better to use Roc with no nerf. Basilisk would be very much worth incorporating into the lineup with 10% nerf, given the performance characteristics that it has, especially working together with Challenger. Imagine two SNAC-wielding Basilisks and a double-nova Challenger in a team... scary stuff.

Agama is one of the better HFs, while Executioner is just meh (and so is the Paladin unfortunately). Would be nice to have a good HF in your arsenal against the GRN and Corsair bombers wouldnt it?

And then there is the Redemption, a heavy dread to deploy in force when you want to have a heavy BS. Liberty dread is awesome yeah but its another light BS and you already got a good one of those.

Meanwhile, Liberty techsharing only gets you access to ... a medium gunboat that you dont need, the LSC that is worse than the Bret Dessie, and the LABC which is admittedly awesome for what it does. So basically all you get from the 90% Liberty access is a battlecruiser.

I'd rather have Basilisk, and option to have Agama and Redemption
Talk about an easy ride then.
Thinking more from an RP perspective, Bretonia is still a proud nation and the Armed Forces will want to continue using their own ships. I have seen very few Liberty ships being used, and the BAF roster seems to be almost purely Bretonian with a bit of Civilian mixed in: normally Eagles and Rocs.

Liberty is Bretonia's main ally, so it makes sense that we share our tech (guns rather than ships make more sense). The Council are relatively new to the scene, and have a fairly scarce arsenal as it is, so they wouldn't be throwing their ships at Bretonia. Combine that with the Bretonians' pride and you are very unlikely to see BAF Redemptions flying around any time soon.

Overall, RP reasoning is better than just "let's get the best tech we can". However, that's not to say that certain characters can be RPed well enough to make the tech seem fitting.
Did you just say the LSC was worse then the Bret Dessie?

Lol.
Lol.
Lol.
This is silly, and the LSC is deadly in the hands of a skilled pilot.
' Wrote:Talk about an easy ride then.
They are also the whipping boy, with GRN sairs and mollies all smacking them in the teeth daily, and a couple others like SCRA and outcast indies doing it weekly. They need a big lineup to cover all the permutations.

' Wrote:Did you just say the LSC was worse then the Bret Dessie?
Yes I did say that, the Bret Dessie is extremely hard to hit when piloted correctly, and it has the same power core as the bigger cruisers which gives it a significant advantage on damage output. Bret Dessie is best cruiser in the game, no lie.

LSC is fine when you use it correctly (turret steering and wiild evasion) but Bret Dessie is better. Yes.
' Wrote:Bret Dessie is best cruiser in the game, no lie.
lol
lol
lol
lol

In all seriousness, how many cruisers have you flown? Bret dessie is le suck relatively speaking. Even as much as I dislike the LSC, no way in hell is it worse than the bret dessie.

I agree a 90% council techmix would be great, but to drop liberty to 75% in exchange for it would be too ooRP.
' Wrote:Yes I did say that, the Bret Dessie is extremely hard to hit when piloted correctly, and it has the same power core as the bigger cruisers which gives it a significant advantage on damage output. Bret Dessie is best cruiser in the game, no lie.

LSC is fine when you use it correctly (turret steering and wiild evasion) but Bret Dessie is better. Yes.
LSC is a giant cannon with extra guns strapped to it. Learn2forwardcannon and it's pure win

also, Kusari Gunboat Mk 2 is best cruiser in the game
' Wrote:In all seriousness, how many cruisers have you flown?
I own and fly all of the house cruisers, plus a couple of others.

Dunno why people are fascinating over the cruiers. Whole point here is that the other ships are not helpful at all, and whatever Liberty has to offer for cruisers are unnecessary (LABC would be nice, rest are unneeded). If bret wants a light cruiser they can steal a Thresher just like everybody else.
Pages: 1 2 3 4