Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hello, I'm bubba
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Neat forum yall have here, I've been playing freelancer on and off for years now, but I never played too far into the whole discovery mod scene. Anything I should know?

How active is the forums/server usually?

Also, I'm in need of some tech support: My game keeps crashing on start-up, and after a quick google search, it told me to delete the saves? really? does this mean you cant save games in single-player at all, or...?

PS: I don't know if it was this server, but a very long time ago (a couple of years ago) i was playing on one of the multiplayer servers and a couple of really nice guys helped me out, gave me a bunch of cash for a nice ship, and showed me a very profitable iridium mining spot in an almost empty system. We made several runs together and made millions. I don't remember the usernames, unfortunately.
Welcome to the community!

The server activity varies, normally peaks at 150-200 around GMT evening. Depending on what and where you want to play, there will normally be someone else to RP with. The forums are fairly active, and a lot of users get on at least every few days to participate where needed.
Take a look at both and see for yourself:)

Disco isn't made to play Single Player, so after you have completed it and don't need to play any more, deleting the saves is worth being able to play online. You can always uninstall Disco or use another user account if you want to play it again.

There are a fair few players around who might be willing to help you out at the start, but mining Helium behind Planet Erie is an easy way to earn enough money to get a transport and get your income started.

Keep to the rules, have fun, and maybe see you in space.
Hmm, I think disco may have un-installed itsself somehow, When I delete the savegames, it starts up, but its vanilla freelancer. i've tried re-installing the mod, but it didnt help. Its weird, it worked perfectly a few hours ago, but once i turned my computer off and back on it does not.
Greetings Bubba. Enjoy your stay at disco.
There is plenty to discover, ships, trade routes, treasures, mining spots and on top of that friendly folks everywhere!

Good luck, and stay out of Alaska!
I don't know about tech stuff, but welcome to disco! Remember to read the rules, they might be confusing or overwhelming at first, but a lot are common sense, and you'll get used to 'em. Good way to get connected is to look around at some factions you may want to join, and apply for them. A lot of people will give a bit of cash to help out. This place is pretty active, like summer said, but it gets as low as 40 on the low point of the day.

If you want, read a few newbie guides, and past that, contact any [Angel] tagged ship online or on the forums if you know who they are for help. (I'm one)

I suppose the rules say it, but this is a roleplaying community. Few people miss that sometimes. Anyway, hope you have fun, good luck on the computer problems and such.

Username removed

Welcome Bubba.
Discovery has it's own installation folder. You can play vanilla Freelancer single player normally while having the Discovery mod installed.

When the mod installs, you get to pick a folder where you want to install it to. If you want to play online, launch Freelancer.exe from the folder where Discovery 4.86 is installed. If you want to play vanilla Freelancer SP, launch the game from the \Microsoft Games\Freelancer folder.

About the crash. Is Discovery crashing or vanilla Freelancer? If it's Discovery, you might not have the latest update. Download that from here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=128646

If you need further help on installing and starting up the mod itself, check here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=115036

Welcome.
Well, since your questions seem to be answered I simply say that your text color reminds me of Marburg. Other than that, welcome and enjoy your stay.

Also, what's this thing with Alaska? I seem to have stayed absent for too long...
' Wrote:Also, what's this thing with Alaska? I seem to have stayed absent for too long...
An unfunny joke?
I lack the context but kay.
Pages: 1 2