Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Manhattan Citizenship Office
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The halls of the office were normally swarming with activity, men and women running to and fro, reports in hand. There would be a constant chatter of communication, screens alive with data and of course people stealing office pens. But at this moment, no one really said or did anything. All were staring at a small thing that was pacing across the floor. A small metallic robot followed behind it, scooting across the ground.

They reached a door that seemed to be their destination, and the small thing looked up at someone nearby. It tilted it's head slightly towards the door. When the man didn't move, the thing lowered a long hairy tail and glared. It opened it's mouth, showing long fangs and a rough looking tongue.

"Miaou."

As soon as this awkward sound came out of the things mouth, people gasped for one reason or another. The man quickly leaned over and opened the door slightly before backing off. It pushed the door open with it's face and lashed it's lengthy tail as it slipped inside. The small robotic companion quickly followed behind it. The door slammed loudly behind them.

Inside the office, it leaped into a chair without properly looking around, the small robot took up residence at a leg of the chair. It finally looked around the office and seeing someone in it, opened it's mouth again.

"Miaaaaou!"
A sound, muffled by the soft, cheap walls and cubicle stalls started low, coming from around the corner of a corridor. It quickly grew to a spine-scrapingly ear-piercingly loud and high pitch as the source thumped closer. Stephanie, one of the front desk ladies, screamed loudly as she homed in on the creature. She was a large, round woman - not in the curvy way.

Her skin rippled and her quarter-length socks struggled to maintain themselves as her legs pounded against the office carpet to propel her more quickly. As quick as she'd reached the creature she'd yanked it up, miraculously slowing herself to spare the innocent unsuspecting employee on the other side of the stall. After a moment her squeal drained out and she stared at the fluffy thing with glee.

"AREN'T YOU JUST THE CUTEST LITTLE FLUFFY-WUFFY ANIMAL THINGY I'VE EVER SEEN! YES YOU ARE! YES YOU ARE!"

She held the creature up for a moment longer before cradling it in her arms, her lumpy bosom not far from smushing the thing between her arms and the squishy pit it seemed to be. She scowled at the staring workers.

"How the heck did this thing get past the staff door? Why isn't it out in the lines near the front desk with me? WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT COME IN THE FRONT DOORS?!"

Her voice was loud and reverberated around the room at her higher pitches. It was thought she may have been responsible for many of the past workers who had suffered strokes and were now on the governmental pension in her years there, but any investigations were inconclusive. Stephanie cuddled with the thing as she habitually walked back to her front-desk teller window, which was still closed for her break.
"MIAAOU."

It squirmed in the woman's arms, its head quite clearly having problems breathing between the woman's breasts. When she started to yell it was able to wiggle its head out of the crushing jugs just to have the woman pull the thing back. It was quite clear she wasn't going to let go and its four long legs were simply not getting purchase on her clothing.

With no other option, the thing hissed for a split second. Without getting a positive result it opened it's mouth for one last breath of air then bit down on the overstuffed lady's bust.
"Teehee! That tickles! Stop it!"

She giggled, the thing's teeth only barely puncturing her triple-J sized anti-grav + iridium reinforced super-bra 3000. Understanding, she stood over her desk and dangled the thing above it. It dropped down after its swinging slowed and landed on the desk with a dampened thud and clicking sound. She started to firmly pat and stroke the creature.

"Hmmm.... what should I call you..."
::Subjects name: Merlin. Please refrain from hurting him any further or I'll be forced to use a painful method to make you stop::

The little robot finally caught up to the lady, a cover on the top now removed revealing a speaker which sang out a dull, dead voice.

Merlin, the thing now on the desk, was panting heavily from the lack of breath and the pounding on his back wasn't helping. Hissing again, Merlin moved to the other side of the desk near some very odd desk sculptures. Ducking in between them, he looked at the robot again.

"Miaaaou miaou iou ioooooou miaou."

::Ma'am, will you please stop your actions at once. I wish to speak to the Citizenship adviser.::
"Hurting him? Of course not!"

Stephanie nuzzled the cat's ears in her squishy fist, the knuckles appearing no differently to the rolls. She looked over at the robot.

"Now that's interesting, I haven't seen a little office automaton like you before."

She picked up the robot, its little stand stretching out as it lifted from the ground. It seemed to almost think itself heavy, but Stephanie must've had a gravity all of her own to plop it down onto a desk with the dull hiss of hydraulics, the Merlin thing looking on interestedly.

"Citizenship Adviser? There's really no such thing. I mean, we have notaries in the office who can sign things, but other than that it's just interviews, tests and such. And I don't even know what you'd do with a citizenship little metal cutie! We don't just grant citizenship to non-sentient beings."
::Madame, please understand I speak for Merlin. I am simply a translator protocol droid.::

Merlin moved over to where the robot was and sat beside it. His tail thrashing behind him with impatience.

"Aouuu miaou mia mia miaou."

::Translation- The man by the name of Boris Livingstone suggested I come here to fill out some paperwork. I am not from Liberty and would like to become a citizen as soon as it is possible, as well as to be allowed to work here..::

"Miaou miaCHHHAK-"

Merlin suddenly hunched over some papers on the desk, dry heaving. His body jerked back and forth until finally, with a loud "AAAKK", a pool of vomit and hair occupied the desk and covered most of the papers.

"Miaou mia..."

::Translation- Sorry, I am bit under the weather.::
The gargantuan woman slapped her forearm onto one end of the desk, the flab rippling audibly on the impact. She dragged it aggressively across the desk and the skin was dragged under as it pushed the sullied papers and sick into the auto-incinerator below the desk.

"Well, that's an awful interesting idea... we can't give citizenship to anything but intelligent lifeforms... How about you take a capacity test and we'll see what we can do from there. Room E, down the hall. I'll book you in for the next hour."

Stephanie turned to her computer and habitually bashed the booking into her extra-large size keyboard. She seemed disengaged now, having had the thing put her out of her mood and throwing up onto her work. The sick dripped off her arm as she sat and started to sift through work emails and photos of cute animals on the terminal.
::Merci for the assistance.::

The robot moved to the edge of the desk and hopped off, landing with a hiss of pistons and other mechanical robotics. Merlin quickly hopped down beside it. Finding he was too tired from the grip and abuse of the pudgy woman, he decided climbed on top of the robot, just the right size to be able to sit comfortably on it. The machine then took of towards the hallway.

Going down the hallway, Merlin decided to give himself a quick bath. The nasty hairball he left on the desk was a few days old and he needed to reload a fresh one in case it came handy later. Once again, people looked on as he now rode down the hallway, this time riding the machine and licking himself.

Finding room E, he was about to announce he needed help opening a door again, but he remember he had an hour before he would be accepted. Merlin looked around to make sure he would not be disturbed and laid down on the robot, using it's warmth to take a quick nap as he waited.