Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Artifical gravitation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So how does gravitation work in our ships? I mean transports, capitals and stations. How can it be explained?

Also I am interested in how pilots prevent muscle and bone mass loss in fighters.
Personally, I've never read (or simply don't remember) any attempts at a standard explanation.

All I know is, different stations have different gravities

Since it's science fiction, you are free to make something up.

Like, some sorta gyroscopic magnetic field thingie that weighs down the metals in the body or something.

Field's wide open...take a shot & go with whatever YOU think makes sense:cool:

...& as far as loosing muscle & bone mass in fighters, I reckon that wouldn't be an issue unless they sit in the cockpit 24/7 & never dock anywhere to 'stretch their legs' or have lunch
' Wrote:Personally, I've never read (or simply don't remember) any attempts at a standard explanation.

All I know is, different stations have different gravities

Since it's science fiction, you are free to make something up.

Like, some sorta gyroscopic magnetic field thingie that weighs down the metals in the body or something.

Field's wide open...take a shot & go with whatever YOU think makes sense:cool:

...& as far as loosing muscle & bone mass in fighters, I reckon that wouldn't be an issue unless they sit in the cockpit 24/7 & never dock anywhere to 'stretch their legs' or have lunch

Aha, thank you.
Superdense matter in the spaceship "keel".
Maybe there isn't gravity in the Fighters.
mostly, imho, I don't think they would, but they should produce G's while maneuvering at least. Not consistent enough for maintaining a healthy body, but enough to affect it on turns & whatnot.
it's produced by the turning/reverse thrusters that also dont exist
While it is on snub craftes, how is it done on larger ones?
How about this: If not some sort of magnetic field thing, then how about some tech device that excites subatomic particles around objects enough to hold down mass on the ship? ::shrug::
Everyone wears magnetic boots.
Pages: 1 2