Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: freelancer discovery and Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to you all,
I have a Linux computer running Fedora 17 (both KDE and Gnome) but I cannot install freelancer properly.
Can someone help me to install freelancer with multiplayer and the discovery mod?
Please write the steps for me to follow in a very easy for a new guy to linux to understand.

Thank you in advance
BUMP!
next time use :SEARCH:

but here is a link:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...89&hl=linux

as i wont explain it anymore.
' Wrote:next time use :SEARCH:

but here is a link:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...89&hl=linux

as i wont explain it anymore.
There is nothing useful or something that I haven't done that is mentioned there, apart from dual booting which I wish to avoid,
that is why I started a new thread.
' Wrote:There is nothing useful or something that I haven't done that is mentioned there, apart from dual booting which I wish to avoid,
that is why I started a new thread.

Hello friend.

I am a ubuntu user just like you, sadly after thorough research i have to say that its just not possible to run linux and FL in multiplayer mode.

Its an old game, no one cares about this issue, 99% of the people that play the game play it on windows.

My personal solution - installed windows on an old external drive, whenever i want to play FL i push f8 on boot select that drive, boot windows and play FL, after im done i just unplug the damn thing and go on my life on linux, this way windows is totally detached from my system.

PS - I loathe windows

Regards,

Carlos
' Wrote:Hello friend.

I am a ubuntu user just like you, sadly after thorough research i have to say that its just not possible to run linux and FL in multiplayer mode.

Its an old game, no one cares about this issue, 99% of the people that play the game play it on windows.

My personal solution - installed windows on an old external drive, whenever i want to play FL i push f8 on boot select that drive, boot windows and play FL, after im done i just unplug the damn thing and go on my life on linux, this way windows is totally detached from my system.

PS - I loathe windows

Regards,

Carlos
That is something I didn't think of. What disk size do you recommend just for this use?
Or can I use the Hard drive as a normal drive in another computer or is it ruined by the OS in it?