Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Special Restriction on Unique ship?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Looking at the Wiki for Capital ships, there are 5 that listed as "Only Given Via Admin Only". 2 are not allowed, since I can understand the reasoning, the Clone Wars Era Star Destroyer and the Battlestar(2004 version) are extremely odd to see in Disco, the other 3 however, I never seen any of them in use. Are there any rules or requirements to own such vessels? Ive asked about the requirements, but never got a answer that was clear. Can someone clarify this?
AFAIK those ships are unique, that is there is only 1 of each of them in existence.

The Persephone belongs to a player/modeller still active here.

The Emperor of Kusari owns the Satsuma - don't know if it has been destroyed leading to 4.86.

The Necrosis belonged to a terrorist who I think is dead in-rp, and the player gone.
' Wrote:AFAIK those ships are unique, that is there is only 1 of each of them in existence.

The Persephone belongs to a player/modeller still active here.

The Emperor of Kusari owns the Satsuma - don't know if it has been destroyed leading to 4.86.

The Necrosis belonged to a terrorist who I think is dead in-rp, and the player gone.
I saw necrosis month ago or so in New York.
The Necrosis belongs to Monstar, who still haunts Siruis from time to time.

Jinx has the Persephone, cause, well it was made by him, for him, or something.

The Satsuma is in my hands, though I am hoping to have it made into a base for 487, we shall see if that happens, but if it does the player ship will no longer be used.
Why have unquice ships for just thos if they're not willing to give them out? Could it be possible if someone tohave one of these ships as a iRP replica ship, made to similar specs of the original?
Giving them out would detract rather heavily from the uniqueness of the ship. The common factor for these is that they are supposed to be the last or only one of their class. It wouldn't make sense for there to be several "Emperor's transports" flying around Kusari at once.
Sorry about my typing in the last post, I was kinda rushed for something we were gonna do outside, then "BOOM"! It started to rain.

I know they would loose their uniqueness, if given to every tom-dick-and-nooblet. What if those people were given a test, to see if they would use the ship properly in a iRP setting. This way, it stays unique, and is limited to a number of people. Copies of the Necrosis would be part of some fleet, used rarely, but enough. Kusari Satsumas used for formal and important iRP events, such as diplomatic missions. And there Perephone, replicas made, but limited to few(Mainly those of diplomatic, but desire a strong ship for traversing the sector). I mean, if I had a Pherephone, I would use it for going to systems and talking with leaders or reps of various factions iRP, then silently slip into the shadows and disappear. That's how I would do it.
According to the Satsuma's wiki page there are two, one for the Shogun as well. I guess that would be in Blood Dragon hands technically if it existed?
without doubt - unique ships are vanity objects. - the RP attached to them can be done by any publicly available ship. - if you wish to call it so - they are there, cause those that had the chance to ask igiss about them - took the chance to ask.

except for the necrosis, they are not breaking the balance though, sometimes they are even slightly weaker than comparable ships that are freely available.

so in short - they are SRP ships, nothing more and nothing less.

edit:

in contrast to public ships - unqiue ships remain the "property" of those they were made for .... in a way.

the only precident of a unique ship becoming semi public is the barge - which had started as a unique ship for Seth Karlo and a RP project, but ... we know where we are now.

however - the barge was never intended to be "unique" in a way as the necrosis or the leviathan are unique. - in order to get access to one, you need two things...

- the approval of the owner of the ship
- the approval of the admin team to agree with your utmost need for such a ship - for your RP

there is no real precident where that worked out.

another case happens when the previous or original owner is not around anymore and the ship becomes deserted. - then it is decided if the ship is beneficial at all - and if it is ... if there are possible RP lines and players that may use it. - or sometimes the player simply comes back.
If you consider yourself worthy of these ships, and have a character in mind to use it, then you can start putting together a Special Roleplay ID request, and then the ship to put it on. I do not know if those for unique ships are allowed, but someone will likely be able to tell you eventually.
Pages: 1 2 3