Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can't launch to space without a radar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When purchasing an original game ship, I can't laod the tractor beam or scanner at ship purchase. After purchasing the ship, I can't launch into space. I get "can't launch without a radar" warning. Is there a way to fix this? Am I doing something wrong?
Go to the equipment dealer and buy a radar?
Highrzr, try switching to a different panel (weapons, ext. equipment) when purchasing your ship. you should be able to load the radar and tractor beam back onto the ship. I used to have that trouble, and it's expensive if you always buy a new radar (and terribly expensive if buying a new ship when you have a discovery sensor).
Basic radar is rather cheap, and available on literally every station and planet. So you shouldn't have any problems with that even if you forget to transfer.

You can transfer tractor and radar from same tab where nanobots and shoeld batteries reside.
BTW the radar is called a scanner.
Thanks for the replys. However, I could not find the scanner. I reinstalled the game, the FMM, and installed the 4.79 beta. All is well. Thanks.