Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Jump nerf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Snip] I decided to create this thread in order to find a less painful solution.

Yes painful because I'm sure we can end in a mine field or a sun. Today we ended 100k away for the survey right in the middle of an asteroid cloud. I breack my my /stuck record : more than 6k.

So instead of nerfing Accuracy, I come with two solution.

- Set a cool downtime of 30 min and more between each jump. If that can be set by the distance done that will be nice 3min for a single system away 1hour for the whole sirius.

Pro : that will fit with the 5k time to cross the same way.

Cons : I don't know if if FLhook can handle a timer to avoid the log/Relog to reset timer.

- Set a maximum jump of X system, you will have to jump more than one time to jump accross the whole sirus.

Pro : more time. In rp, gate can't cross more than 'one system' and a test of a better one resulted in Dallas incident why JD can ?

Cons : more fuel.

Discuss !
Perfectly nice idea. We need to have some base commodity changes though, cause most of people jumping to Gallia to have some special cargo. Which is completely ooRP thing, but who the hell cares? Disco is almost same RP game now as EVE
Actually, brilliant idea. Accuracy is nerfed to hell, it's make no sense for now which type of survey is done coordinates. So cool down make sense.
' Wrote:Actually, brilliant idea.
Also not his idea. It's been thrown around dozens of times and will probably be implemented.
How about no? The distance you travel basically makes you skip one jump. It is a dent in the profit, but it makes it a bit more on par with mining in terms of profits.

Your suggestion would be perfect for people jumping barges, because you need only two people to do that, one jumper and one barge and the profit you make lets you just log off after one jump.

Well, good for you. When 16 people gather for a jump, they do not want to go AFK for 20 minutes after every jump.

As someone who is using jump drives to trade, I find that the accuracy nerf is annoying as hell and we already wound up inside of the three suns in Delta twice now, but it serves its purpose by adding time between jumps. Do not screw it up even more.

The JD nerf was implemented to stop barges from jump trading. Your suggested cooldown would effectively hit everyone BUT the barges. Please consider this.
' Wrote:- Set a maximum jump of X system, you will have to jump more than one time to jump accross the whole sirus.
Should have been that from the beginning, no more than a couple of systems, depending on drive type, power source, size of the jump bubble, etc
So wait. the 100k inaccuracy is a nerf and -not- a bug?
' Wrote:Your suggestion would be perfect for people jumping barges, because you need only two people to do that, one jumper and one barge and the profit you make lets you just log off after one jump.

Well, good for you. When 16 people gather for a jump, they do not want to go AFK for 20 minutes after every jump.
Current situation making OP jumping with 5kers. Would be better to keep the balance between accuracy and cool down.
' Wrote:Yes although it's probably a maximum of about 60k rather 100k.

It was on purpose, because jump trading (barges or 5ks) is very unbalanced.

I know there are many people trying to come up with a good solution to balance it. I've spoke with Miranda at length and we came up with a few ideas I tossed to Gheis. We all get to wait and see how they balance it and I'm guessing this is Cannon's first move.
' Wrote:Current situation making OP jumping with 5kers. Would be better to keep the balance between accuracy and cool down.

Let's approach this from a mathematical point of view.

Every jump takes roughly 5 minutes, due to the fact that you need to charge your drive. I will not count the time needed for your transports to bring you fuel.

So one round takes 10 minutes from A to B.

If you make the drive cooldown 5 minutes, you are effectively removing one jump. So you are cutting profits by half.

That puts it BELOW the income of trading or mining.

And he wants to put the cooldown to 20 minutes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6