Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: d e r a n g e d
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There will be a premiere in my home town on the 25th, on the 1st Tuzla Film Festival, small festival of regional character. Several days more. Full HD projector and all. Can't wait.

Check out this trailer IF you're wondering what it's about. Watch in Full HD or don't watch at all. Feel free to comment and like/dislike, both here and on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f0vnTGZbhc&feature=plcp

Unfortunately, due to the fact that the most film festivals won't take into consideration movies shown on YouTube, Vimeo etc., I won't upload it on any of those video streaming websites. But for those interested to see it, I'll provide the direct download link and torrent as well. Sometimes soon. I think.

Already got reserved screenings on two festivals in Serbia and Holland. Nothing major, but nothing small-time either. So damn exciting! Now, all I need is to find the money to apply this shorty to 75-100 other festivals. And with all that happening somewhat fast, I'm already in preparations for my next project, horror/absurd comedy thing, this time with a longer duration of up to 30 minutes.

Cheers.
Looks good, dude. When this has been premiered, are we gonna be able to watch the whole thing online at any point?

I absolutely loved the video you put together for Videotape by Radiohead. Brought back all sorts of memories from working as a projectionist at a local cinema for a few months (particularly the utterly soul destroying feeling you get when you accidentally drop a reel of 35mm film at 2am).
That... was pretty awesome.

Good job.
Indeed good job. *thumbs up* +1 Like to your video.
' Wrote:Looks good, dude. When this has been premiered, are we gonna be able to watch the whole thing online at any point?

I absolutely loved the video you put together for Videotape by Radiohead. Brought back all sorts of memories from working as a projectionist at a local cinema for a few months (particularly the utterly soul destroying feeling you get when you accidentally drop a reel of 35mm film at 2am).
Free download link (ofc it's free) will be available soon. 2.2 gb Full HD file. Yeah, it's kinda big but I hate low bit-rates:)

As for the Videotape, too bad that festivals around the world don't really appreciate video-art form, unless it's combined with something more appealing to the public. As far as the video itself is concerned, Youtube, back then when it wasn't much optimized, degraded the quality... significantly. It happened to the most of ppl who uploaded 480p/576p in those days. Original file, although shot with DV camcorder, looks a lot, lot cleaner and sharper. When I find the time, I'll upload some of those videos again and ask Youtube administration to switch videos. I guess that's possible.

Working as a projectionist sounds really interesting. I would never mind having that as a day-job/night-job. Here in Bosnia, I can't find a decent job as an editor or a cameraman. Even dreaming of anything higher, I'd have to move in to Sarajevo, a city in which you have to know people who know people who prefer that you put money in their pockets before they even take you into consideration... for anything.

This is the only forum I actually visit, guys. So don't take this thread as a commercial effort of some sort. It really isn't so. Just wanted to share things etc.
Very nice.

Needs more laughter, though.:P

Good luck Jokes!:D
' Wrote:I'd have to move in to Sarajevo, a city in which you have to know people who know people who prefer that you put money in their pockets before they even take you into consideration... for anything.

The same is true pretty much everywhere, especially in the arts. It's always been a case of "who you know". I work in theatre mostly, dealing with light and sound stuff... I've found trouble relocating. The second you move away from your contacts, you're suddenly cast into a world where nobody knows what you do and who you are. People are astonishingly resistant to employing people they don't know.

I suppose it's understandable to an extent, in that you have no idea if "that new lighting guy" is any good. But it's extremely frustrating if you happen to be living in a part of the world where money for such things is rapidly disappearing, and with it your source of work and income.

Looks interesting. Do give a download link when you can.

Cheers.
O_O
Maybe some parallels can be drawn in the countries across the world, Joe, but trust me -- Bosnia & Herzegovina is a leader in corruption in this galaxy.

Several years ago, I attended to our capital's small film festival, in which a 10 minute winning film about some retarded biker who drives a bike over mines, shot for 15 000 euros, won the first price for having its producer in the jury. It was hilarious.

Poor me, I won the seventh place (600 euros) with my 10 euros documentary (story about the local ODed alternative-rock musician). Later, no one even wanted to talk to me (except ppl who came from abroad, normal ppll) 'cause I wasn't born in the capital, I had no film school and I knew no one. It was really transparent and hilarious. I left 30 minutes later laughing at those poor self-proclaimed directors who don't even edit their own films, let alone post produce them:)

Distantly related, on the Balkans and definitely in Bosnia, everything is faked, poorly copied and the most people in the film industry, if such exist, are posers and pretenders. Only once in a while, quite rarely, nearly never, something original reach the surface. And when I say that, I'm not talking about ****ty war subject movies which they make only so that world can pity us and give us some rewards, having some misplaced and fake-based guilty conscience.

"Oh, look, they're in war with each other, killing each other. It's about genocide and stuff. That's so sad. Lets reward them."
or
"That poor woman got raped by that soldier. Tragic! Lets give that movie some special prize."

Maybe I wandered off the topic but I'm sure you get the picture. Everything evolves around what's popular, even if in those popular cases what you're selling/buying is someone else's real world tragedy or ill-fortune, and selling it/buying it in-between commercial breaks and/or on secret behind-the-door meetings on which one can earn a substantial profit. If you try to go against the current, to do something fair, new or different, you're instantly not welcomed. Same goes for finding the job in this line of work in our precious capital and on whole Balkans, I'm sure. Permanently become a sheep, but pay for becoming one, whether with your money or your decency.

I talk to much sometimes. Time to get a fresh cup of coffee.
Pages: 1 2