Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Anoither pirating dicussion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quote:@ Mule: I agree with what you said, but doing these will 99% of the time get your sanctioned. I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying its the rules. Like motorcycle helmet laws. If you don't want to wear a brain-bucket, and die because of it, go for it. But don't b*tch if you get pulled over for not obeying the law.
I'm not quite sure about that, there is no explicit server rule against any of it, so if it's done in RP, it's all good.

' Wrote:Definition of donation:
1. The act of giving to a fund or cause.
2. A gift or grant.

This allows for forceful donations. Plain and simple they are often not-so subtlely hidden demands BUT they are not technically demands, and so any attack by a pirate due to it is illegal.

I personally do not like such wide spread abuse of the word 'Donation' but it is used often in threats. Do think that you shouldn't go strictly by the rules in this case since it would limit roleplay somewhat.

If a guy pulls up his car next to you, shoots your cars tires so you're slowed down nearly to a halt, sticks a gun to your face, and says "How about a donation?" I don't think there any doubt in your mind what's going on.
The term 'donation' is a euphemism, the OPG have no problems accusing them of piracy, we are the O PIRATES G after all, but for example, when I was in TBH, I was asked to ask people for donations, as it was more.. 'respectable'?
I tell traders they have to pay me to let them live. If they try something like ten credits I tell them they haven't paid me enough to be in a good mood.

Think of it this way, you walk into Walmart and the Ice Cream you want doesn't have a price marked. Now, you know you can't leave without paying so you try to pay $1 to the cashier. How well is that going to go for you?
' Wrote:Think of it this way, you walk into Walmart and the Ice Cream you want doesn't have a price marked. Now, you know you can't leave without paying so you try to pay $1 to the cashier. How well is that going to go for you?

Walmart has ice cream now? o_o

But anyways, that's when you ask for the price - you don't assume that the price is $1 or whatever. Likewise, in the game, if they don't ask for a specific amount, I'd ask. "What do you think would be a sufficient amount?" or something like that.
Walmart has everything.

And the point was it doesn't have to be a specific demand. If they give me money and/or initiate further (RP) dialog I'm happy. If they just keep running I've made my demand and will introduce them to Antimatter partials.
' Wrote:Hm.. This all got me thinking.
As a Corsair when I see a trader trough my space and I ask him to stop. Lets say he refuses. Okay, I CD the guy, and say "0 speed xxxx" Guy starts to cruise again and says something totally lame like "leave me alone"

I know rules say I must ask the exact money amount then, but rp wise, the pilot i'm roleplaying wouldn't like that insult much and would probably say something like "last chance, stop or die"

It's not really asking for cash, but when you encounter a trader like this, can you simply blast away after few warning?
Note, I'm not really talking about a generic pirate id, Corsair in a Corsair space must have some more authority in this case, right?

Ivan is right, a pirate may (RP side, not with actual rules) shot if the trader don't follow pirate's orders.

Last time it arrived to me, the trader was just in position to get the trade line ... It was a little bit difficult cause I had to neutralize the tradeline, ask the trader to go out of this tradeline, and do it fast cause i were near an hostile base.

Why may we don't shot on them if they don't follow our rules and try to flee ? Its simply a non-sence !

And I don't ask the same amount if the trader try to flee, that's normal, he make the pirate lose his time, and time is (a lot of) money !
You cannot kill someone for not stopping.

Gotta make some kind of demand first.
in all case i couldn't kill him he flee with tradeline when i stopped my fire on it (the tradeline) ...

next time I'll follow them and ask MORE (up to 6M:Dmy time is precious, their lives are nothing to me) !!!
You MUST make a demand for credits or cargo before killing. Simple as that.

If he gets away via a trade lane, bad luck. It was your fault for not keeping it disrupted...
Allright. What about shooting him for disobeying the Corsair authority in Corsair space?
Nope. Unless you own all the corsair systems, which you don't, you can't kill a trader without making a demand.

However, if Kuraine's new IDs come through, you will be able to rob traders with Passengers, VIPs etc. But until then, you can only shoot the ship down to 99% health.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7