Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Setting up my own LAN Server = Errors.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I decided to set up my own LAN server using DSAccountManager1.4.1, DSProcessManager2.2, and FL Hook

Upon launching DSAM I enter the correct settings in and am every time presented with the message: "Cannot access database. Check your 'Player account directory'. Try Again? I am using the

'C:Administrator/Documents/Freelancer/Accts/Multiplayer' folder and it appears to be causing the problem

Is their something I am doing wrong?

Thanks, Revan
Try running the 64bit exe and its associated dll. The dll is the important thing.
hello I too have problems with LAN server. First thing I do go to disco exe and run fl server then go in exe too in flhook_plugins folder and run player setup and that all work, accountManager1.4.1 dont use because have too error with playerbases. Then go and run Discovery fl and in lan or internet conections I cant find server there is noting i wait last time 3 min but noting, firewall is not on so realy dont know what to do:(Is there some patch or somting I must download?
' Wrote:hello I too have problems with LAN server. First thing I do go to disco exe and run fl server then go in exe too in flhook_plugins folder and run player setup and that all work, accountManager1.4.1 dont use because have too error with playerbases. Then go and run Discovery fl and in lan or internet conections I cant find server there is noting i wait last time 3 min but noting, firewall is not on so realy dont know what to do:(Is there some patch or somting I must download?
depends on your lan network if ports within are open. its the same (mostly at least) with letting peeps from inet connect. if you don't know exactly i rather give the advice just to play on official disco server wich is more fun too
' Wrote:Try running the 64bit exe and its associated dll. The dll is the important thing.

I tried the 64bit version as well as the 32bit, and am still given the same errors, there aren't more than one Freelancer/Accts/Multiplayer folder locations right?

I tried opening the .dll file in the 64bit folder with DSAM, no luck still crashes after error messge is displayed.

Thanks, this is really beyond me..

- Revan

EDIT:

Resolved! The FlHook.ini file was missing! wow.
ok tnx Duvelske
When you say your FLHook.ini was missing, where was it missing from? i am also having the same error when I run DSAM?