Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to describe yourself in just 2000 words.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I stopped playing Freelancer towards the end of 2005, beginning 2006.. used to play on the Jolt RP server (Jolt have since gone away sadly) - these were pre-disco days, so 90% of people flew Eagles, Theta was rammed with 'rogues' [r] (terrorist tag) stopping people buying their Eagles. I was a [H] - Hunter, you can demand fines for smuggling or for being a pirate, or a rogue. I flew a Sabre, but sometimes got bored and went for a Hammerhead loaded with Imp Debs and Skyblast B's (yes you 'could' win with that setup)

The Dromedary was the best freighter bar none, and the quickest way to make money was smuggling cardamine from Mactan to Manhatten, but make sure you're not caught by the hunters.

NY used to alternate between being a PVP free or non free zone... and our forums were just as volatile as these ones are.

Disco is amazing. It's been a steep learning curve, and I'm still learning with much more to go, but it's breathed new life in to what would otherwise be a dead game. EVE is just too much, and Disco is fitting an Elite online niche that would otherwise represent a massive gap in the market.

Just like on Jolt, I've come across some proper idiots so far, who think good RP is (when taxed) saying: "suck my d**k" and then flying off at max cruise whilst using local chat to say: "I'm gonna go bed my wife"... but for the most part my RP experiences have been fun, and in a couple of weeks of play I've only needed to file one report... and that Xeno knows who he is.

I notice the factions all seem to demand Skype in their charters, is there a reason for this? What's wrong with Teamspeak, Ventrillo or a gaming service? Or even just typing, why do I need to Video Conference with you all to join up?

Anyway, keep up the good work people, and any tips and tricks would be gratefully received.

Yours (in old age),

Hobbes.

Skype is required in most factions because most factions have "Faction chat rooms" in which all members talk daily and important announcements are said.

So basically, someone says "yo let's go wreck stuff up ingame" and 3-4 other people say "kk let's go". It's that simple. You can read the message 15 minutes later and still join them. You can't do that on Ventrillo or TeamSpeak, since you can't be on Ventrillo/Teamspeak 24/7.

And, tips? Stay away from the forums unless you wanna send someone a RP message. Using them for anything other than that is just not worth it.
Welcome! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Username removed

Welcome. BTW, you don't need to videochat, just type in skype will suffice.
Welcome to Discovery!

It's almost always just text on Skype, although when it's convenient people will talk there, or using TeamSpeak. There might be better tools for a text backlog, but Skype is the one that's used here and you're not going to get everyone to change over.

Hopefully you'll meet enough good players to convince you to keep at it. Enjoy yourself, maybe see you in space.
Welcome to the server and the community! Hope you enjoy it.
' Wrote:What's wrong with Teamspeak?
Server: londonts3.lrc-networks.com:10020
Password: Leeds

Welcome to Disco Teamspeak.

--

Skype isn't for video conferencing. It's a message dump for factions and stuff.
And why Skype? Frankly I have no idea. Tradition I guess. I mean, why do we celebrate New Year's? Yeah.

Seems you've got your footing in the server already. Welcome to Discovery Freelancer.
Hello there hobbes!
(The annoying bugger who buggered you when you were in Texas (OZ))

Why is it whenever people say the word "Skype" do people thing this?
' Wrote:I notice the factions all seem to demand Skype in their charters, is there a reason for this? What's wrong with Teamspeak, Ventrillo or a gaming service? Or even just typing, why do I need to Video Conference with you all to join up?

Also... Yeah welcome to disco mate,
RP around here is a little sporadic...
Some do it well some just play it by ear.