Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Meanwhile in Free Universe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
' Wrote:Why is this in Discovery Developers Forum?
just wanted to post this. Because it has nothing to do with the development of Discovery itself
Alright... let me see....

For the record, I never played Eve, just saw the vids.

Open ended gameplay: Errr we have it here too, draw.

Real-time fighting ( twitch based ): Eve has point and click based combat afaik. 1:0 for infinity

Persistent universe: It's an online game for pete's sake!

Exploration: 10k vs trilions of star systems. 2:0 for infinity

Also the whole "RPG skill" system of EVE which (thank god, in whose existence I highly doubt) won't be present in infinity, among other things (such as Superheavy capital spam, because in EVE bigger always means better) that made me never touch EVE in the first place.

Also: Seamless planetary transition *drools*

Why infinity is going to be worse than EVE? Seriously, I can't see anything.
hey hey Didnt say that Eve or Infinity bad games for me:D. For me they are fantastic:Dand in EVE still what is biger its better? Didnt they change that with last expansion I think?
' Wrote:Why is this in Discovery Developers Forum?
I don't know. It isn't anymore.
Because it's a goddamn engine that can be used for disco? How about you put it back where it was?
Can it be used for Disco? Sure, I guess so.

Is it being used for Disco? Not that I'm aware of.

Looks like a Freelancer mod to me. Luckily for all of us, there's a forum section for that.

If you have any further concerns about the new placement of this thread, feel free to PM me.
' Wrote:Also the whole "RPG skill" system of EVE which (thank god, in whose existence I highly doubt) won't be present in infinity, among other things (such as Superheavy capital spam, because in EVE bigger always means better) that made me never touch EVE in the first place.

I'm sorry but, what?

RPG skill system? Yeah ok, yeah, you go on with that.

I'll give you a simple example from the top of my head, my Enyo (assault frigate) will tear the **** out of a Drake (battlecruiser) 90% of the time on a 1v1. For size comparison, a Drake is bigger than an Enyo by far.

And that's just a simple example, there are many more.

' Wrote:For the record, I never played Eve, just saw the vids.

I was going to continue pointing out some more stuff, but then I remembered you said that.

So you're trying to comparing a game that you never played to a game that isn't even in -beta- yet? And you're even going further by spewing out some random and false 'info' and giving opinions without any form of experience about the former(unplayed) one?

K.
What game is that...is it freelacer? or something different?...please post other links
Soul Reaper you are realy :cool::D and you know maybe when you play eve some good web page for download moor new 11/12 eve player real storys realy like read them:D
Pages: 1 2 3