Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirates enforcing 'laws'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
' Wrote:My suggestion would be changing the nature of the group a little, and making it so they bring law to the lawless independant and edge systems, rather than hanging about in house space being kinda impotent. Perhaps you could be contracted by Zoners (most Zoner holdings are outside house space and are not subject to house law, but their own law instead) to enforce their local law around freeports.

The problem with that suggestion is ID limitations. The freelancer ID requires a bounty/employment prior to engaging a target, the needing to defend yourself...

The above quote gave me an idea.

Quote:You are a Pirate! who:

Can demand cargo and credits from lawful and unlawful ships, and attack them if they do not comply.
Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Bombers, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats.

Using the pirate ID, could I make a faction that enforces the 'laws' of said faction in an edge/border system?

Sure, every 'criminal' would have to be asked for credits before you could do anything to them, preventing you from slapping death penalties on any crime other than refusing to pay a fine.

Other than that though, there's nothing in the ID that prevents you from enforcing your laws on your turf (or anywhere really).

What do you guys think?
Law is defined by the character who you are playing as. Corsairs impose their brand of law within Gamma. Outcasts, Alpha.

As long as you make a demand or fine you can enforce whatever it is you wish. Law. Justice. Etc, etc.
I could see it working, but exactly whose laws would you be enforcing? Your own?
I think they should just hurry up and let FL IDs Pirate, so this can be done without loopholing.
' Wrote:I could see it working, but exactly whose laws would you be enforcing? Your own?

Pretty much.
' Wrote:I could see it working, but exactly whose laws would you be enforcing? Your own?

That would be retarted.
' Wrote:That would be retarted.

Seems like the same premise I had.

What if you played a Faction with a FL ID...
And just killed the people you bountied yourself?

If I make "[Faction] Faction"
And a [Faction] Bounty board, could [Faction] members take bounties from their own bounty board and thus engage whoever they liked on the server aslong as the premeditated RP was there on the bounty board?
' Wrote:Seems like the same premise I had.

What if you played a Faction with a FL ID...
And just killed the people you bountied yourself?

If I make "[Faction] Faction"
And a [Faction] Bounty board, could [Faction] members take bounties from their own bounty board and thus engage whoever they liked on the server aslong as the premeditated RP was there on the bounty board?

Not entirely sure on phrasing, but it would probably fall under this.

Bounty Board Rules Wrote:11. Any Freelancer, Mercenary, or BHG individual or group may only collect on a bounty which that person or group has issued, sponsored or funded (fully or partly) so long as it is open to others to collect.** All non-generic factions may sponsor internal bounties that are only open to members of the player or NPC faction.

If not, it may fall under the "don't try and loophole your way around because you get sanctioned for it" policy (in other words, the admins using 1.2 as a sort of catch-all method of stopping behaviour that isn't regarded as within the spirit of the rules, but is not explicitly forbidden).

Edit: Also, you'd have to list specific targets, rather than a blanket.
It characters morals, beliefs, code of conduct and similiar.

Problem with this is it will be very hard to draw the line between RP and abuse. For example if I make a freelancer character who simply hates all corsairs and everything which is related to it (smugglers for corsairs and similiar). Whoud it be okey?

Or a character who can't tolerate some sort of behaviuor. Lets say someone calls him something and he just attacks for that.

I see that sometimes such thing would be useful. For example a freelancer who was bounties meets a bounty hunter who claimed him earlier. It would make perfect sense to be vengful.

So first you would need to make a new rule which would regulate these subjective moral codes of generic ID players. But wait, why only generic ID? Maybe my corsair ID has special moral ways?... In time you will get people who will be angry because someone from administration will say that your own "laws" are worse than that player's "laws". And who is to judge someone else personal characters morals?

Just... too much subjectivisim which will cause too much problems.
So instead of taxing just anyone, restricting my taxing to individuals who commit 'crimes' is abuse?
Pages: 1 2