Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Warping caused by disconnect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good day. Recently my connection become a little bit bad. Lets say: if I travel from Shasta in Baffin to Freeport 9 in Theta, I usually get disconnected just before I dock on Freeport. When I relog, I have full cargo and I am docked on Shasta again. This happened to me 4 times, when I tried to dock on Freeport 5 to "save" closer, same thing happened. Again, disconnect just before dock, and again in Baffin. Im not sure if this is some anticheat (F1) punishment or something, so I think you should know about that.
Also more important reason to post is that when I tried to dock on Freeport 9 just few minutes before, disconnect come again and now I get this message. And Im really not aware about anything I done that can cause ban.. with exception for these occasional disconnects and jumps caused by them.
I using only Disco mod, no addons.
Thank you for help.
G.
Reinstall your freelancer.
' Wrote:Reinstall your freelancer.

Which also means that reinstall Freelancer and the Discovery Mod
Delete the old remains of the Freelancer if there's left any after uninstall and also delete the mod from mod manager directory,
then reinstall FL and Download the mod(See the link below)

Also, this might help: http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?...pic=115036
Thanks for replies, but after I did reinstall everything 2 times, cleared registry and so on.. it keep happening time to time. Right now - docking on Erie, game crashed (its new incident, not happened before) and I was back in last dock where I was (Honshu - Osaka). Well, I will simply have to live with that:)
Only thing i can help with now is to tell you to send private message to Cannon

Don't expect reply soon though (A busy busy man).

But bump this thread once in a day maybe someone else knows to help you
Guys reinstalling iusnt the automatic solution for everything. This is simply caused by a bad connection. I get it too. When you have a really bad connection and you try to dock, sometimes it simply cant handle it, and you get disconnected and warped back to your last dock. I got it when hauling uncut diamonds, it was VERY annoying.

The message is simply cos you disconected in space, it should go away after a while.

Im not sure why bad connection causes the warp, maybe the devs can do something about this.
Thanks Hone, finally someone who confirmed my belief that its connection problem. I will not annoy Cannon with this, when the right time come, maybe he will meet this thread lead by finger of destiny. For any other people with same problem - my solution - when you have really, really bad connection make really, really angry phone call to your provider of connection. It worked for me.
What's the name of your ship?
Good day to you Cannon. Original problem that forced me to post - that "banned" message is solved already (bad connection, sold things twice, old story for you for sure) This warping fun happens time to time still - depends on connection quality. Happened on Spirit.Of.The.Orion (it was Zoner whale that time) and also Mining/Hauling.Drone.37 (hegemon).
Thank you for spending your time with this, if there is some fix to this, I believe a lot of people that meet this will be forewer worship you:)
Little note here: This has been happening on rare occasions to various people I play with and myself. I'd say it seems to be a general issue (lag related or not), and not client- or account-specific.
You basically get booted from the server upon docking after a "I'm sorry, but this is taking longer than expected" message, and end up reconnecting on the last station you were on before that.
Pages: 1 2