Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why flood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
' Wrote:We use a program at uni that allows for filesharing between people on campus and some near the campus without using bandwidth. That's why I wondered if there was a way to do this at home.

That's because the whole campus is on one network. You're not using any bandwidth (neither are you connected to the internet for that program) while connecting to another computer(or any other device) on the network.

So unless you have a modem/router with a giant wireless range or have a cable extending all those kilometers from modem to computer, then no, you'll have to use bandwidth.

Just catch a bus <strike>tomorrow</strike> today.
' Wrote:That's because the whole campus is on one network. You're not using any bandwidth (neither are you connected to the internet for that program) while connecting to another computer(or any other device) on the network.

So unless you have a modem/router with a giant wireless range or have a cable extending all those kilometers from modem to computer, then no, you'll have to use bandwidth.

Just catch a bus <strike>tomorrow</strike> today.

We have to be online for the program to work and people off campus that are not on the uni network can still share files, without using bandwidth.

I'm seeing him today, so I will give it to him on a pen drive anyway.
FedEx him a flash drive.
[Image: file_transfer.png]
I still think lasers and binary avoids travel and bandwidth usage like the crazy OP wanted.
Pages: 1 2 3