Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gallia - Sirius exploration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: idfcopy6.png]
Bonjour explorer,

As part of recent diplomatic trade talks with Kusari and Rheinland representatives Gallia is keen to explore potential avenues that may facilitate trade channels between our peoples.

As a major trade organisation the Crown has asked IDF Shipping to co-ordinate activities that may facilitate trade between Gallia-Kusari-Rheinland systems.

Currently one of the major hurdles is the limited connectivity between Gallia and Sirius.

Are you keen to explore the deepest recesses of Gallia?
If yes, the object would be to try and hunt for hitherto unknown anomalies, either fully formed jump holes or possible weakness in the space-time continuum that may be further investigated for exploitation as potential jump gate sites.

If interested please feel free to submit a tender for this contract.

If you are an experienced pilot without a ship do not worry we can supply an appropriately equipped IDF Auroch for your use.

Bids from interested consortia are also welcomed.

Regards
[Image: transmissionclosed.png]
Bonjour explorer,

pertaining to the above, are there no pilots wishing to extensively explore the southern Gallic and northern Sirius systems looking for new routes between the two areas?

If you are without a ship do not worry we can supply an appropriately equipped IDF Auroch for your use.

Regards
[ Message delivered via a Private encrypted channel ]

[Image: 1f9f69f4.png]

[color=#FFCC33]Bonjour

My name is Colin O'hanna and I am the Leader of
a group of Zoners known as the Obsidian Zoetic.
We are currently discussing the possibilities of
jumping within Gallic space with our traders and
they mentioned this, I thought I should respond
out of good faith.

If we do go ahead with this, I do hope it can
be kept as need to know as as possible.
Some of the other people I work with have yet
to discover that Gallia has potential as a
reasonable client who honor their agreements
just as much as the rest.

Colin O'hanna

[Image: ZYr3Z.png]
Bonjour,
of course information would not be freely divulged, as fellow traders we are acutely aware of strategic competitive knowledge.

What exactly did you have in mind regarding your exploration, m.o., ships etc.?

Regards

Bonjour

I am attacking you a copy of the message we have
recently sent to your Boarder Authorities requesting
Permissions to jump within your space.

Attached Data.
Quote:My request is to restore a relationship that made the JZ
very profitable but also allowed their presence in your
space without problems.
From my talks with JZ I was told that Gallia are producers
of Cryocubes and that you required Irridium in huge ammounts
in order to produce them, because of this we wished to
continue to the importing of Irridium to your space and if
you would permit us to export Cryocubes that would
be excellent as I am sure they would sell well in the Omicrons.

As to other trades? I have not heard of any:
Gallia-Rheinland-Kusari jumpship talks if
this is something you wished to be done I am sure
we could help although you would need to get the
permissions of their boarder authorities for us to
enter their space...

I hope this serves to answer your questions
about what we are interested in doing and of
course what we are also willing and capable
of doing.

Yours Faithfully,

Colin O'hanna

[Image: hannau.png]

Re-Transmitting Message

[Image: transmission2.gif]

Bonjour,
apologies for the slight delay we needed to call in some expert linguists in order to make sure we were not introducing any ambiguity into our messages.

We seem to be at crossed purpose, what we are after are some explorers to enter the uncharted areas of Southern Gallia such as Burgundy and Lyonnais. The intentionwould be to map any anomalies that may be exploited in order to move trade between Gallia and Sirus more economically. Something we do not think a "jump exploration" would achieve.

Regards

Bonjour

Hmmm, a shame.

I am sorry for mistaking the purpose of this communication:
I believe I jumped the gun when your government informed
me of other issues.

I am sure you can understand our fleet is unable to stretch
that far from our home, perhaps in the future when we have
secured a method of funding such projects will we be able
to assist.

Yours Faithfully,

Colin O'hanna

Incoming Transmission....
Encryption Level: Z-b01

Comm ID: "JJ" Joel Jacobson

Greetings IDF Shipping folks!

Names Joel Jacobson, JJ for short, and I figured to take a crack at this endeavour of yours. Being an Zoner of little connection, I spend a great deal of time out in the deep systems, and as such I am very familiar with these 'anomolies' you search for. And considering the economic and political strength of your two new friends, It may be that they cannot offer the ships to assist.

Anyway, What sort of work do you have mind? Exploration is a very broad term you see, and I like to keep things specific. Also, your ad did not contain a provision for recompense? Is there such a package for this job?

Either way, Give me a shout if yall dont mind working with a Zoner, got my own ship and everything.

with respect and whatever goodbye you gallic people use( Couldnt pronounce it if i tried)

Transmission ends....

[Image: Lee_TB1incoming.png]
Subject: Northern Sirius exploration
Position: Conorado, Barrier Gate Station
Receiver: IDF

Dear IDF,

this is Lee del Sol Verde, independent Freelancer and Explorer, speaking. Your sirius-wide transmission has drawn my attention to your exploration task within Gallia space. It so happened, that I've just managed to reach the final steps of launching my new constructed deep space exploring gunboat at Conorado, and I had made no plans yet, where to head first.

So the task is to keep my eyes open for any 'unknown anomalies' - as you called it. I'm sure, that I'm having the correct imagination, of what you're searching for. I'd gladly offer my ship and crew for your services. Will there be any sort of a reward for accepting this mission? Anyhow, I don't ask much, since I enjoy discovering unknown space, but I've got to pay my rather small crew, ship fuel and vital supplies.

Another important question about the current situation in Gallia; Do I need any permission to enter Gallia space without getting fined by gallic law enforcers, like the GRP?

Although article 2.4 seems to be clear to me:

' Wrote:2.4 All non-Gallic vessels are banned from entering Gallia. This law has the following exceptions. Appeals can be made to the Office of His Majesty.
  • Independent traders and freelancers

I guess, that'll be all so far. Let me know, if you'll need any informations about myself and my papers or more details about my spacecraft's setup.

Yours,

[Image: Lee_sign.png]

[Image: Lee_TB1terminated.png]
Pages: 1 2 3