Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: WANTED: A good web page editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So yeah, like the title says I'm looking for a good web page maker/editor, preferably "Freeware".

It *must* be able to open HTML pages and not have it's own 'format' for saving stuff, as I need it to work on an old web page I need to make some changes to.

I'm still looking around the 'Net for one myself, but so far nothing that fits the bill.
NVU is the first that came to mind. Use it quite a bit myself.
Heh, found one already.

I'm using "Kompozer" now and it's very simple to use.

Go here --> http://www.kompozer.net/ to have a look.

Thanks people!
Notepad++ & browser
No worries. Glad you found a solution. Might take a little look into Kompozer as well though. I remember though using NVU back since high school when we were making very simple pages. Pretty much was the first web designer I used.

Normally these days I just stick with Adobe Dreamweaver only on the basis that we get an education copy (something like that) free as uni students.
' Wrote:No worries. Glad you found a solution. Might take a little look into Kompozer as well though. I remember though using NVU back since high school when we were making very simple pages. Pretty much was the first web designer I used.

Normally these days I just stick with Adobe Dreamweaver only on the basis that we get an education copy (something like that) free as uni students.

I had Dreamweaver at one point.

It was a ummm yeah one of those 'copies'.

I loved using it, it was so easy to do, well just about anything in.

Kompozer is a 'wysiwyg' thing to, but I'm not into web sites that do fancy stuff, like pictures, which probably shows that I'm one of those people who think simple is good.
I figure if I can get the message across with words, it'll do the job. :lol:
' Wrote:Notepad++ & browser

That's how I do it as well.