Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Archery!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Report here!

After realising my grim mistake of posting a dull, unrefined post that inspired all sorts of replies. So, I've decided to transform this into a sensible debate.

As archery is a hobby of mine, I wondered whether there are any denizens of these forums who also find archery fun. If so, what discipline of archery do you practice, what type of bows do you use?
[Image: archer-1.gif]
Blue archer reporting.
That's like shooting arrows? Because I rarely see any Arrows flown. LFs are not popular so not often.
Oh, come one Snakz (or is that 3 "e"?) you can do better than that.

Anyway, what sort of bows do you people use? I'm longbow for life.
' Wrote:Oh, come one Snakz (or is that 3 "e"?) you can do better than that.
Sorry. I had to go before posting that so it was not as refined as it should have been.

My apologies. I will do better next time, I promise.
I am an archer, and I have a lovely, hungarian made, replica magyar horse bow. 40lb draw @ 32".

This is it

[Image: oIJoi.jpg]

Edit: If I could afford it, I'd get a hand made Bickerstaffe longbow. One day.

Edit2: I've done standard target archery, and while quite good at it, it became dull quite quickly. I tried field archery and really enjoyed it, so that's what I'm going to be concentrating on
I have a longbow I made myself out of a 6 foot ash stave. After making the ends a little short, it's a 5'8" longbow, shoots about 150 yards with relative accuracy.

My other bow is a competition recurve, I believe it's 36 pounds, but I can't remember the pull. I've shot one of my carbon fibre arrows about 400 yards with that. I have a picture of the recurve lying around somewhere, I'll try and find it...
I was on my school's archery team for 3 months, does that count?

I haven't shot a bow in a few years, but I have a cheap compound bow and an old Recurve bow

Username removed

My grandmother thought me how to build my own arrows and bow with what I find in the jungle, made my first crappy bow when I was a mere little child, never really practiced but I always loved shooting arrows at my friends, and aiming at long distance objects, I am not actively practicing it, but if you give me an arrow and a bow, you're gonna have a Sagittarius time.
APM-Sagittarius reporting in ...

Oh, not that kind of archer.

Double oh, since Sagittarius is my sign, and I also happen to be an archer as well.

Dad and I used to go deer hunting with compound bows when I was a kid, used a long bow when I was doing archery competitions in the SCA, and now I just have a simple recurve (about a 50 lb pull) that I keep to fart around with in the backyard every so often. I still have my handmade leather armguard I used to wear in the SCA.
Pages: 1 2