Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Utter Confusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, if I'm reading this right, if I have a Civilian ID, I can fly any fighter, no matter if it's a VHF, HF, LF, etc..?

And if I were to have a pirate ID, it would be still any fighter? Or just any "pirate" fighter?

And what constitutes the difference between a Pirate fighter and a Liberty fighter? Just that one's sold on only pirate bases, and the other on liberty bases?
It all depends on that particular character's RP. There are certain common-sense rules to characters that don't have a forum story behind them, though, namely you don't land on Manhattan in a Titan and such.
Read the rules three or four times. You use your faction's equipment. If you are a Liberty Rogue, then you fly Bloodhound/Wolfhound/Greyhound/Hyena/Werewolf/Barghest etc. As far as "fighter" goes, that means anything not marked "freighter" in the purchase window.
' Wrote:Read the rules three or four times. You use your faction's equipment. If you are a Liberty Rogue, then you fly Bloodhound/Wolfhound/Greyhound/Hyena/Werewolf/Barghest etc. As far as "fighter" goes, that means anything not marked "freighter" in the purchase window.

And if you read my post more than just skimming it, you would have noticed that I only referenced a faction when I asked the comparison between two IDs. NOT factions, IDs.
You can't be a pirate while flying a Patriot or an Avenger, if that's what you're asking.
Quote:And if you read my post more than just skimming it, you would have noticed that I only referenced a faction when I asked the comparison between two IDs. NOT factions, IDs.

And if you re-read Sovereign's posts, you would notice that he used Liberty Rogues as an example of a pirate ID. However, to answer your question, it depends on what kind of pirate you want to be with a generic Pirate ID for example. You cannot simply fly anything, and what you do fly will impact on your relations with other pirate organisations.

If you use a generic Pirate ID and fly a Liberty Rogue ship, don't expect the Corsairs to take after you kindly, and vice versa. It also depends on what tag you end up with, as this will reflect at least a basic affiliation to the faction you are tagged with.

Quote:And what constitutes the difference between a Pirate fighter and a Liberty fighter? Just that one's sold on only pirate bases, and the other on liberty bases?

To some extent, yes, although some ships are sold on neutral bases that are open to all, and some are sold on unlawful bases but also available to some lawfuls depending on alliances etc. It depends on the roleplay of the person involved, largely. But don't go flying a liberty fighter with any unlawfuls, and don't fly any unlawful ships with a lawful, unless the alliances between the factions specifically allow it (like for example, the Hogosha can sometimes obtain Kusari lawful fighters through their contacts in Samura and the Kusari government).
' Wrote:So, if I'm reading this right, if I have a Civilian ID, I can fly any fighter, no matter if it's a VHF, HF, LF, etc..?

And if I were to have a pirate ID, it would be still any fighter? Or just any "pirate" fighter?

And what constitutes the difference between a Pirate fighter and a Liberty fighter? Just that one's sold on only pirate bases, and the other on liberty bases?

ships say in their description, and often their names, what faction they belong to.

The civilian ID is only valid if your level is under 40 (39 and below). Many of the better fighters in the game will put you above that level.

Basically, you're only supposed to use ships that your faction has access to. Rogues only have access to rogue ships - and a lesser degree their allies' ships (outcasts, lane hackers, mollys, red hessians).
Okay, next question then.

If you've got a pirate ID, you can fly any pirate faction (obviously with some RP detriment) and any neutral ships, but not any lawful ships (governmental stuff, Order, etc..)?
' Wrote:Okay, next question then.

If you've got a pirate ID, you can fly any pirate faction (obviously with some RP detriment) and any neutral ships, but not any lawful ships (governmental stuff, Order, etc..)?

I believe pirate ID'ed players can fly any pirate faction ship, as well as any civilian ship. Not sure about the civilian line of ships due to a big debate on it lately..

Make sure that your IFF, weapons, and ship are all in check. For example, having a Rogue Tag with a Rogue Gunboat and Corsair Turrets doesn't cut it.

To be safe, stick to the "Pirate" or "Border Worlds" line of ships, since they don't have any specific affiliation.
Err... Capn, Corsairs don't like either of those. Nevertheless, they're good picks.
Pages: 1 2