Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: IC Freighter. Submissions and sketches welcome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm currently working on sketching some concept ideas for a new Freighter for the Interspace Commerce faction. I'll be making a few designs. Would love to get a modeler on this later.

Feel free to submit your own sketches. I'll be working with IC| to come up with a reasonable concept. Probably going to be similar to a Gull in style.
Why restrict it to the IC?
' Wrote:Why restrict it to the IC?

I'd be guessing and suggest the OP means something along the lines of how the Camara is DSE built, but is civilian as per the tech chart.

Same sort of thing but of IC origin?
' Wrote:Why restrict it to the IC?
Well we really don't have a shipline to speak of yet. Not necessarily restricted to IC but more like a bread and butter freighter for our own faction. I just think there are way too many factions defaulting to the Anki and I'd like to change that. A shipping faction might very well develop it's own freighter for it's needs.
' Wrote:I'd be guessing and suggest the OP means something along the lines of how the Camara is DSE built, but is civilian as per the tech chart.

That sort of nails my reasoning, especially since we don't seem to be able to get our own fighter design anyway.

This is the only ship we have currently of IC origin.

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Democritus
cool, why not use the grizzly though?
' Wrote:...

IC don't build ships.

' Wrote:That sort of nails my reasoning, especially since we don't seem to be able to get our own fighter design anyway.

This is the only ship we have currently of IC origin.

http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Democritus

The Democritus isn't an IC ship. It's manufactured by DSE exclusively for OSC retail. If you read the ship's infocard carefully, you will note that nowhere does it state that the ship was manufactured by Interspace Commerce.

The wiki editor who changed the Democritus page from being an OSC ship to an IC ship was in error.

Edit: Doesn't look like it was you, Snak3.
Content generator does mistakes and I was lazy to edit all of them.

Don't trust wiki, kids.
Use appropriate forums, kids.
As snake alludes to, this is in the wrong forum.

As Echo says, IC don't make ships and it seems unlikely for them to ever make ships, when they already have strong ties to DSE, who already has shipyards to build them with.

An IC funded ship would work okay, for sure. But not built by them.
' Wrote:As snake alludes to, this is in the wrong forum.

As Echo says, IC don't make ships and it seems unlikely for them to ever make ships, when they already have strong ties to DSE, who already has shipyards to build them with.

An IC funded ship would work okay, for sure. But not built by them.

I agree its not a good idea, but IC DOES build the Democritus: http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Democritus

Should we build more? No. I wish, but the lore isn't there.

EDIT: Nice job to whoever changed the wiki, good way to win a forum argument.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6