Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: All Liberty Authorities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
INCOMING TRANSMISSION

Source - Bounty Hunter Battle Cruiser "Explorer"
Sender - Captain CJ Edwards
To - All Liberty Forces

After LPI Matt Myers told me I was "under arrest" because I killed a Lane Hacker, for which I thought he was joking (I've never taken this guy seriously, he speaks like a bloody pirate), I proceeded to California in response to a distress call. The hostile forces retreated immediately as I entered the trade lane. However, Liberty forces opened fire upon me and without warning. After my hull was half down, I was forced to respond. This was not a decision I took well and deeply regret having to destroy several Officers. This I had to do, they would have killed me otherwise. If however you want an apology for my taking down these officers, get it from Copeland.

I want an explanation from Commodore John Talon, this situation has me utterly stressed and I do not want to be given grief every time I come into Liberty, nor do I want my friends shooting me. Liberty is what I regard as my home and I intend on it staying that way.

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED
Sir, you were told to stand down from a fight that you had no reason getting into, you refused. We proceeded to California where you were. And again, you jumped into a battle you had no reason getting in to.

As Myers moved his ship to your docking bays, to put you under arrest, you engaged him. He was able to break free of your fire, when we then fired on you. You destroyed two liberty ships, one being a pilot of the SA, and another being an AIT of the LSF, both pilots luckily escaped with only injuries.

You then, proceeded to riverside, where you somehow managed to dock, which made no sense to me.

And this is why, you have been banned from liberty.

Brian Copeland.

Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Matt Myers

You, fool, made a few huge mistakes. You're under arrest for, oh, let me count the ways...

1. Being a vigilante
2. Refusing to follow an order of an officer of the Law, from the Deputy Chief, no less!
3. Resisting arrest
4. Firing on LPI/LSF/SA vessels

That last one in itself is punishable by, you guessed it, death. If I were you, I wouldn't come back to Liberty any time soon.

End Transmission
Incoming Transmission:
Comm ID: "LPI Detective Larry Morrison"
Source: Fort Bush

Captain Edwards, while I see what you mean about taking Matt Myers seriously, he IS the boss of the LPI and as such you should at least pay attention to what he says. If you are placed under arrest, at least show some respect and see what you have to do. You were likely killed for resisting arrest, and no matter how silly a charge may seem, take it to court. If it was as you say, no one would put you in jail for that, so what are you hiding that made you run and fire on Liberty operatives?

End Transmission.

Addendum:

It would seem my superior officers have answered this sufficiently. Should you ever be given the grace of inhabiting Liberty again, I would suggest you be more careful.
' Wrote:As Myers moved his ship to your docking bays, to put you under arrest, you engaged him. He was able to break free of your fire, when we then fired on you.
Excuse me? I had never, not EVER fired upon a Liberty Officer until my hull was half down during this incident. This is either a lie or your have been misinformed. As per this outrageous accusation, I hereby declare this ban null and void unless placed by the Commodore himself. I am not going to obey an Outcast who feels he can arrest me for securing a bounty, nor am I going to obey an Officer who is either lying or stupid enough to believe an Outcast.

[EDIT]

As said above, I won't take orders from an Outcast. Furthermore, I was not running away, I was idle outside Missouri and then proceeded to pursue a bounty in California that I was alerted to by a distress call. And I will state again, I did not open fire on any Officer until I was forced to defend myself.
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Matt Myers

Mr. Edwards, this reminds me of the time that a rogue RM Battleship demanded that an Admiral speak on the matter when the Chancellor had already said his final ruling. You are talking to the Director of the LSF and the head of the LPI, I'm sure that the Commodore will concur with us. And, by the by, your hull never went half-way down... you were fighting six fighters, two of which were Liberators. You shot first, why would we shoot? We were hoping for a peaceful arrest.

End Transmission
Very well Sir.

Let's just put aside this "arrest" business because I did not take it seriously. I also had no idea that you are in charge of LPI, if I had I would have indeed taken it seriously. Anyway, that's really not the issue to be honest because there was absolutely no dialogue from anybody else until all hell broke loose. Now, this situation with me opening fire. Where the hell was this supposed to have happened? I never attacked you, I would never have dreamed of doing any such thing.

My hull did take a battering, whether it was half down or not I can't fully remember, but I used a lot of regens before I returned fire, let me put it that way.

// I will retract my "Outcast" words because that is not the character in question. That's not on, I shouldn't have brought that into it.
Incoming Transmission.
Priority on all sources.
Sending message.

Opening message.

Dear Pilot,

As the head of the Libertonian nation we are now banning you completely from Liberty. Your presence in our system will be considered illegal and you shall be nullified.

Thank you for your time,
The Bureau of Internal affairs

Message closing.

Link lost...
Incoming Transmission
Comm ID: Bounty Hunter Gunboat "Recon"

Not trying to take sides here gents but why was LPI trying to put a hunter under arrest for killing a hacker. Was there something else the battlecruiser "Explore" did or was this it?

Ending Transmission
Seems to me the issue was you joining in on an official investigation and/or dispute.

Liberty doesnt like help, even when they lose so many of their engagements. To them, vigilantes are just another criminal group, and bounty hunters are included.
Pages: 1 2 3