Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Suggestion to adding to rule 5.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since not all players know about Section 4

As 5.3 is now

Quote:5.3 Characters that are level 29 and below are considered to be low ranked players and may only be attacked if at least one of the following conditions is met:

a) They attack you first by draining your shields to 50% or disrupt your cruise engines.
b) They are at the scene of a battle between yourself and someone else and refuse to leave when told to leave. (Low ranked players should leave the area when combat takes place or accept the risk of being attacked if remaining. Onlookers are fair targets.)
c) Low ranked players who possess a CODENAME weapon may be attacked within roleplay at any level according to the piracy requirements.
d) Attacking a player base.

I suggest adding a line

Quote:5.3 Characters that are level 29 and below are considered to be low ranked players and may only be attacked if at least one of the following conditions is met:

a) They attack you first by draining your shields to 50% or disrupt your cruise engines.
b) They are at the scene of a battle between yourself and someone else and refuse to leave when told to leave. (Low ranked players should leave the area when combat takes place or accept the risk of being attacked if remaining. Onlookers are fair targets.)
c) Low ranked players who possess a CODENAME weapon may be attacked within roleplay at any level according to the piracy requirements.
d) Attacking a player base.
e) they fall under 4.2 and 4.5

let the normal mayhem start
--insert multiple rants about abuse and killing disco--
--insert several plus ones--

Done:crazy:
What does this change? They do already fall under those rules.

Regards,
Talesin
Seems fine to me
' Wrote:What does this change? They do already fall under those rules.

Regards,
Talesin
Better organisation.
Adding a line that basically says "Of course rules that state they apply to ANY players do also apply to below-lvl-29-players." still seems quite gratuitous to me.

Regards,
Talesin
Then new players can Actually see why <strike>we blast them </strike>:cool: i mean why we help them out with fire.

They look at rules and says i am under lvl, OHH what is 4.2 and 4.5 cool now i know why he was less than nice to me.
makes sense...

<please imagine that i've posted a big 'approved' sticker here>
This makes little sense.

If they didn't read section 4 as they were reading the rules, then they aren't going to scroll back up and read it because of a line in section 5.

You can't fix stupid if stupid isn't willing to help itself. Adding a line that points the user back to a section of rules they should have just read accomplishes zero.

This thread spawns the day after another thread where someone posted about this rule, one thread a problem does not make. A bunch of sanctions for a single rule a problem is made of.
Um correct me if Im worng, but nowhere does it say that 4.5 overrules 5.3. So adding this line WOULD be changing the rules. It would mean that for instance, BAF could kill underlevels anywhere in Bretonia, cos they own it.
Pages: 1 2