Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: An idea to reduce lag in base siege
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an idea to solve some lag problems when cap spam is trying to kill base.
There is just need to have one big gun with heavy dmg, low speed and very slow refire,
so it will be only one projectile, not many of them as is it now.
It should reduce lag a lot.

Proposed stats:

For BS:
1.5 milion dmg with 16 seconds time reaload and with use of 3.5 milion energy to fire it.
Class 10 Turret, speed 50 m/s, range 3.25k, need 800 cargo to mount.

For Cruisers/destroyers:
750k dmg with 16 seconds time reload and with use of 1.35 milion energy use to fire it.
Class 7 Turret, speed 30 m/s, range 1.5k, need 250 cargo space to mount.

BS siege gun would deal to shielded base 15k dmg, thats bit more than shooting 2 cerbs all time.
Cruiser/destroyer deal 7.5k dmg and it gives ability to kill base to factions with cruiser/destroyer only.

So... it need to be produced at player base.
Gun speed makes it useless against anything else than bases.
There is danger that it will be used to insta things when suddenly uncloak near target but that would be hadled by cargo space taken by gun,
so you cant have cloak and gun at the same time. And still, when someone will be hit by gun with 50 m/s speed deserves to be killed.

Discuss :)

//Edit: Guns would deal like 1k shield dmg, so imposible to kill shielded ship with it
made pic of stats in game http://i.imgur.com/SOoYZ.jpg
Yay pulse bug abuse after cruising to someones butt with this babies.:nyam:
Hint:
Think dump missiles/torpedo like helfire/novas with huge delay that fly only straight and cannot track.
However this wont help anyway,Server is not stable without any sieges and with 120-30 people.
The problem is in the ships and bases, there is huge fps lag when you are in base.4.86 complicated Hitboxes make lag, especially caps because they have the most complicated hitboxes. I was in 4.85 fights with 50 capships on event server that ran on the same server as the normal 24/7 one- together around 260 people and there was almost no lag, after getting more then 260 both servers died. Check the Youtube videos of Kusari/GRN event. I was also in 4.85 Corsair/OC melees with more then 40 ships- still no more lag then normal.
Removing the Universal armours would reduce the lag a lot and it is really simple to do.
Changing the way that Bases consumes repair comodities would also reduce the lag, if it is only once per hour instead constantly the calculations would be less.
' Wrote:Yay pulse bug abuse after cruising to someones butt with this babies.:nyam:
Hint:
Think dump missiles/torpedo like helfire/novas with huge delay that fly only straight and cannot track.
However this wont help anyway,Server is not stable without any sieges and with 120-30 people.
The problem is in the ships and bases, there is huge fps lag when you are in base.4.86 complicated Hitboxes make lag, especially caps because they have the most complicated hitboxes. I was in 4.85 fights with 50 capships on event server that ran on the same server as the normal 24/7 one- together around 260 people and there was almost no lag, after getting more then 260 both servers died. Check the Youtube videos of Kusari/GRN event. I was also in 4.85 Corsair/OC melees with more then 40 ships- still no more lag then normal.
Removing the Universal armours would reduce the lag a lot and it is really simple to do.
Changing the way that Bases consumes repair comodities would also reduce the lag, if it is only once per hour instead constantly the calculations would be less.

yup, good idea a bout helfire like thing, but what pulse bug? mind to explain? shield cant be shoot down with 1k dmg to it and also there is cruise drain, need wait for plant to regenerate, do you mean that ship speed is added to gun speed? if then it could really work as helfire/nova without tracking and with huge delay as you said.

and yup I know that a bit stupid idea. but meh maybe it will come something not stupid from it :)
Well I wont explain- better that way.
Jammi I see ya reading- can you edit/remove the pulse thing, let me not giving bad ideas.
meh I found whats that pulse bug is:crazy: but wasnt that fixed while ago?
Govedo. i dont see how UA's ever created much of a noteworthy lag... in that case your idea of 260 people on both event and normal server would be flawed. And im pretty sure we reduced the RP 24/7 to 80, while event was 200, but that was because cannon worked some magic, utilizing multiple cores....

anyway, the base repair rate would fix some issues.

The hitboxes were as far as i know optimalized as best as possible in 4.86 to reduce lag and unfortunate hitbox shapes.

I think the most efficient way of reducing lag is by reducing POB's.... But removing them altogether would create a massive headache, so best way would be to turn off the creation of new ones...

That would make people with bases more powerful, and the rest would have to cooperate. Sure it has its pro's and con's, but bases = lag.