Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: More balanced capital missions eh?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So yeah....Missions are unbalanced hardly, especialy cruiser's part.
They need some balance and some kind of schematics.
1-Make single wave cap missions.
Best example: Eta/Alpha systems 85 version. Single wave of 3 to 5-6 BHG Destroyers or Osirises. Single point and single wave, not more.
Such missions would deal great, if you fly with cruiser.
2-Enemy reinforcment comes after a minute when player entering battlefield.
Such problem appears, when you actually can beat current wave of oponents. Like 4 cruisers vs 1. But when reinf spams right after fight starts, you got 8 vs 1... Thats kind of :(
3-Cruiser missile.
Remove them from NPC....we got megatons of S***T even against players, from endless missile amo and only 70 CMs in hold. Put Razor+Cerb HW settup.
4- Every GB should drop credits (100K) or GB captain.
5-Make some kind of schematics of missions, so player could know, what he going to meet there.
For example:
Missions from 700k-1.1m
Single GB wave(3 to 6)
Missions from 1.1m-1.5m
Double GB wave (4 to 6 per wave)/Single 4x Cruiser wave.
Missions from 1.5m-1.8m
4x GB wave (4 to 6 per wave)/Single 4-6x Cruiser wave.
Missions from 1.8m-2.2m
Double 4x Cruiser wave/ Single 3-4x Battlecruiser wave.
Missions from 2.2m-3m
Double 4-5x Cruiser wave/ Single 3x Battlecruiser wave + Single 3-4x Cruiser wave(reinf)
Missions from 3m-3.5m
Single 2-4X Light/Medium Battleship wave (Osiris, Togo, Sarisa, Mako, Jorm, LNSD, Elbe and something like those.)
Missions from 3.5m-4m
Single 2-4x of Medium-Heavy/Heavy battleship wave ( rest)
Missions from 4m-4.5m
Single 4-6x Cruiser wave+Single 2-4x Light/Medium Battleship wave.
Missions from 4.5-5m and more
Single/Double 4-6x Cruiser/Battlecruiser wave + Single 2-4x Medium-heavy/Heavy Battleship wave.
Well, something like that.

Any other ideas and discussions are welcome.

P.S. If you got nothing to say, than: U LOL/CAPWHORE, stop Q_Q, go to VHF/making missions for *censored*
just check other topic. Its simple. :)
If you like current missions, pleas. no need to call S****R me and those ppl who dislike current missions. Just say that you are against any change.

T.Y. for reading this.
Hello Lonely Ghost,

I already pointed these problems out, but the administration team seemingly is not interested in changing anything here and none of them wanted to answer yet.

The thread i started:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry1849277
Sure, it'd be nice if you could do those high-end missions all alone in your cau8 BS, but I guess, that they we're meant to be for groups having some teamwork practice.

In the end, some larger choice for missions would be awesome.
' Wrote:Sure, it'd be nice if you could do those high-end missions all alone in your cau8 BS, but I guess, that they we're meant to be for groups having some teamwork practice.

In the end, some larger choice for missions would be awesome.

Nope, just CAU 6 BHG dessy.
And to note...you can find cruisers in missions for 1.3-1.4 mils....
And...dunno, I don't see many large player's groupe teaming up to beat some missions.
Can only ask for fighter missions in systems like Alpha and Gamma.
And.. where did Omicron-Beta missions gone? It was my fav place for repping outcast characters.
' Wrote:Can only ask for fighter missions in systems like Alpha and Gamma.
And.. where did Omicron-Beta missions gone? It was my fav place for repping outcast characters.

No missions in Beta? Oh crap...
RLY WHY ?

Thing is not to make most hardest and top missions, having cau8 battleship. No, and no again. Such missions indeed have to be completed by a team. No need to get right of it. Thing is, to make same missions, with lower pay and less hostiles, which could be completed by a solo battleship and cruiser. However, there could be add aditional systematcis. On my own experience, on missions with same difficlutness and same payment (1.5mils, if I do remember correctly) and got 4x GB waves, double 4xCruiser wave, and Single 2xBS with another Cruiser wave. I made mission abort, to get away from those cruisers and kill last Osiris, well, 3 mils sounds good.
Why not to make missions, to kill exacly one or two BS wave with 2xBS?
I'm checking and redoing NPC loadouts of all ships for 4.87. So this will be taken into account. HOWEVER:

1-Make single wave cap missions.
2-Enemy reinforcment comes after a minute when player entering battlefield.
5-Make some kind of schematics of missions, so player could know, what he going to meet there.

Unable to do this due to insufficient understanding of the mission system. You're welcome to give it a try yourself. The mission system is quite chaotic. Most of it is contained in VignetteParams.ini - good luck trying to make sense of it!

3-Cruiser missile.
Remove them from NPC....we got megatons of S***T even against players, from endless missile amo and only 70 CMs in hold. Put Razor+Cerb HW settup.

Ah. Someone who can't figure out how to fight cruisers at range then? I'd happily swap them out for light mortars - but NPC cruisers and battleships need an extreme range weapon. The missile is the most logical choice, and has been a standard loadout for cruisers since vanilla. So no, I'm not at all inclined to do this.
There is some discussion going on on wether CMs should still need to have ammo on them, or wether we can just make them ammoless with a reduced firing rate. No decision on this has been reached yet.

4- Every GB should drop credits (100K) or GB captain.
Agreed. Once the loadouts for all gunboats are checked, this will likely become the case. GB captains only exist for the various navies however - unlawfuls do not have these as a commodity.
I dont see why we have these credit cards? They dont make any sense! If you want a bigger reward, why not just increase the mission price?
' Wrote:I dont see why we have these credit cards? They dont make any sense! If you want a bigger reward, why not just increase the mission price?
It gives you incentive to do more than just kill one guy in assassination missions and makes you care about survival a bit more.
Well the credit cards are just loot, you used to be able to buy the high value ones from the commodity dealer...

maybe it would be best to change the dropping credit cards to something like "High Value Salvage" or "Valuable Debris" and the description could be something along the lines of 'Wreckage from a destroyed spacecraft. Luckily some equipment was left intact after the explosion, ship dealers and repairmen would be more than willing to pay for any parts which are in relatively good condition.'
Pages: 1 2