Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Order Geb & models in general.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Curious about first model of Geb carrier of The Order, I decided to look for old screenshots of it.

1, 2, 3

Was change of this model (besides poor texture job which could be fixed with simple retexturing), alongside 4.85->4.86 Hathor transition really neccesary? Models of same or simmiliar designs replacing current Jinx's hideous reincarnations would be of way better quality than what we got now. While I did not witnessed old Geb ingame, Hathor change was done without Order| and its HC consent which liked Hathor as it was.
OMG, When I firstly saw new (current model of GEB) model, in 85 time, my first worlds were: OMFG, WHY ? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? May be a bit less than mounth has passed, and I sold it.
This GEB, which Omicron showed in his topic was my favourite cruiser, and I will be glad to see return of the old GEB.
I wote for the old geb model!

Quote:While I did not witnessed old Geb ingame
You missed a lot....
a fair warning though - nostalgia is a powerful emotion. but not everything that once was - was also better. too bad people become unhappy or designs don t meet the up to date taste anymore.
This is the old model? It looks awesome and I think I prefer it to what we have now, but I'd have to see both together to decide.
' Wrote:While I did not witnessed old Geb ingame

And sorry Jinx but I do not want you to make any more models for The Order. If you want to see how it is done, look at Onuris from AoE guy. I wish to see old models uptated to current standards and quality, not what we got now.
' Wrote:And sorry Jinx but I do not want you to make any more models for The Order. If you want to see how it is done, look at Onuris from AoE guy. I wish to see old models uptated to current standards and quality, not what we got now.

Then do it yourself.
Obviously it was decided the new Geb was better in some way, if you want the old one back in get it up to scratch yourself.
edit: as you wish, omicron. resources and projects have been rerouted.
While I enjoy Renzu shipline, Corvo & Juggernaut replacement done by you, Hathor looks now like a Scorpion replacement than something you could call "Order gunboat". Looking very fragile, object taken from another galaxy/universe perhaps. What I liked about old one was more bulky and armored appearance for harsh conditions Order operates in.

Now Thebes, meant to be dockable unique dreadnought which brought remnants of Order from Toledo to new system of Omicron Mu fits more to Gaians, not mentioning ship is undersized and model itself has errors (most of which were quickly fixed by Yuri few days before release).

Geb now, older version looked like appropriate carrier. You said that it is way bigger and poorly textured. Keeping same design it would not be a problem for modeller to remake shorter, up to date quality piece of hardware instead of continuing it with current Geb.

For contrary, Order received nice looking Bastet, Sekhmeth (which is how bombers should look like IMHO), Onuris (great job from AoE) and is going to be increased by another model from MassDriver. I have no bigger objections towards Resheph neither, except arcs which are not model's fault.
Then get this AoE to make more models instead of making Jinx look like some sort of shaman of evil for making the Order some bloody ships.
You're acting like a child.
Do you have anything interesting to say about it or you come here with +1 derivating from what this topic was intended to?

EDIT:

Looking at Hathor thread, this is my way of thinking:
' Wrote:I`d suggest picking up old model and giving it some minor updates.
Pages: 1 2 3