Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Quote formatting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to begin by saying that this is in no way a major issue that needs to be worked on immediately or even at all, nor do I have any illusions as to such. I just wanted to give my feedback in the hope for an easy fix somewhere in the future.

As we're all aware, the quote button gets used quite a lot around the non-roleplay parts of the forum. It's handy, but it does have a small flaw that is rather irksome... To me at least.
Quoting another post, whether through multiquote or the reply button, adds the quote as such;

Code:
[quote=Montgomery Burns]
Now, to the plant! We'll take the Spruce Moose, hop in.
[/quote]

Which looks fine an dandy while it's all codified, but once you post it, you can notice an issue;

Waylon Smithers Wrote:But Sir!
As you can see, the way the message is quoted leaves a useless line above the quote, which I have manually deleted too many times to count. It also leaves an extra line below the quote, but for some reason doesn't also wrap that line in the quote box like it does for the first. This paragraph is posted directly under the /quote tag.

To get quotes looking pretty, it's simple;

Code:
[quote=Revolver]*cocks*[/quote]

You bring the quote tags to the same line as what you're quoting, and you get a pretty little number;

Montgomery Burns Wrote:I said get in.
And I can post right under it if need be!

I understand this is a very minor thing, but it has bothered me since I joined the community in 2009.
There's a good chance nothing can be done about it, but there's also a chance it can be easily remedied by one of the Forum Sysops (whoever they may be). A simple 'No' from a person in that position will be enough to resign me to manually fixing it myself whenever I can be bothered, each time I post.

Thanks for your time!

PS: I realise this is a tall order for the Discovery GC community, but if you're not one of these people or you don't have any knowledge in how this can be fixed, please just move on.