Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Greetings to all out there in Sirius!

I have had Freelancer for years now, but it sat in my closet until just a month or two ago before I finally got around to listening to what everyone has been saying about this game. I'm really enjoying it so far, and I was super excited when I discovered Discovery (ha ha) and this roleplaying server.

I'm a big (geeky) fan of RP, and really enjoy creating alter egos for myself as well as watching stories unfold as my characters interact with the people they meet. After reading some of the character bios and browsing the info on what this server has to offer, I'm looking forward to playing with everyone here. :)

I do have one question, and it might be a silly one, because I think I already know the answer based on what I've read and seen in-game -- I just want to clarify. Is there any reason why a character wouldn't be able to change from one faction to another, given that it doesn't happen a ridiculous number of times, and there is a very good IC reason to do so?

I'm sure I'll annoy many of you with countless newbie questions to come as I familiarize myself with this game, but hopefully I won't make TOO many of you mad enough to avoid me. :$

I hope to have my first character concept finalized in the next few days, and I'll post it up when I get it polished. See you out there!
Welcome! See you in space:)
Welcome, my bet is you fit right in here:D

I'd say that a character can switch sides even more then once... A brave and noble citizen that worked half his life for DSE and gets screwed for no apparent reason but profit and selfgain (for example)
I think it would be perfectly acceptable for said character to take a turn for a more unlawful life, trying to make life miserable for DSE.

And months later said character is left to take the heat for a group attack on DSE vessels. It wouldnt be strange for him to once again change his approach on things
Welcome to Disco!

As long as it makes sense inRP (and the faction is willing to accept it), your characters can move around.

Enjoy yourself, maybe see you in space...
My first character, one Robert Steele, had a life ranging from DSE, to IMG, to BMM. He's gone now, but his ship lives on as an Ageira one (if it hasn't been wiped, which is possible).
It's possible, supposing it's plausible... Most people won't mind what you do with your own character.

Regardless, welcome!

If you're looking to play Kusari at all (I know, who is? :S ), check out my GC faction.:P
Rita, I actually was *this* close to creating a Kusari GC-type character, but opted for a different path to keep my introduction into the game a little simpler! :( Maybe I'll make another one down the line, and I'll definitely keep you in mind. :)

I have another question after messing around in game some more. I'm having a hard time figuring out why I'm getting this message saying I've equipped incompatible equipment, and my ship's power output is being reduced. I know it has something to do with faction IDs and the make/model/stamp/whatever on the equipment, but I haven't yet been able to find information on what guns and stuff I *can* equip without taking that penalty. Can someone point me where I might find this, pretty please? :$

Thanks to all for the warm welcome, and I'm looking forward to seeing what stories come out of this!
You can see what is available on what ID at each core level on the Tech Chart. They are cumulative, so a 90% ship would be put down to 81% with one type of 90% gun column, and 73% with two 90% gun colums.

Username removed

Welcome.
Summer - Thanks for that, I kinda should have thought to look at that first. *facepalm*

Just to make sure I understand it correctly, the left hand column corresponds to the ID you currently hold, right? That is, if you hold a Liberty Police tag, you can fly any ships and use any guns that show 100% in that row without penalty?

Also, what is required of me to put my character's information on the Player Characters section of the Discovery RP 24/7 Wiki? Or should I just post an introductory story on the forums? Or both? :)
' Wrote:Summer - Thanks for that, I kinda should have thought to look at that first. *facepalm*

Just to make sure I understand it correctly, the left hand column corresponds to the ID you currently hold, right? That is, if you hold a Liberty Police tag, you can fly any ships and use any guns that show 100% in that row without penalty?

Also, what is required of me to put my character's information on the Player Characters section of the Discovery RP 24/7 Wiki? Or should I just post an introductory story on the forums? Or both? :)

Yes, and I would start with the forums.
Pages: 1 2