Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: handing back guard systems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
' Wrote:All official factions have the option of handing back their guard systems, to be integrated into the mod. Many factions have already taken up this opportunity.

Some former guard systems only need a little spit and polish, some need major rework, others have pretty much nothing in them anyway, and a few seem to operate in a parallel universe - where all their dreams and aspirations are fulfilled through magic and ponies.
Instead of taking a leap of faith , I'd like to know what would happen to O91 if we ''hand it back''.
I think I am not the only faction leader that wonders what would happen to their guard system if they hand it back , and what happens to it if they don't.

Being more transparent about this would increase the cooperation between faction leaders and devs on this point.
Well, basically, all of your assets are evaluated for how logical they are, and how compatible they are within the current mod lore and storyline. The ones that can be folded into the lore are left as they are, or receive superficial edits. The more glaringly problematic objects are removed, rewritten or replaced.

Generally speaking, the first thing would be to remove the guard IFFs and defences and lay them out like a regular NPC system. That could also mean more diverse jump connections to make the system more accessible, and a greater variety of NPC faction patrols being present.

There's not really any standard formula I can give you, seeing as each guard system is (more or less) unique, and presents a case that can only be dealt with on an individual basis. Hit Friday up on Skype (or me if he's not around) if you want to discuss the gritty details.
Each and every guard system should be treated separately when it comes to integration into the main mod.

If a faction doesn't want to give up their guard system - then nothing happens to it. By the same token it is invisible when it comes to mod lore and the story progression of your faction. This is how it has always been.
Would factions be able to negotiate what happens to their system?
Factions negotiate with me, and then I negotiate with the rest of the Dev Team.

What might be good story-wise might not be practical to implement in terms of system development (handled by AD), or the economy (handled by Xoria), or might just create much controversy (every other Dev).

The questions I ask are related to how the system relates to the rest of the mod. A Guard System can exist in complete isolation, but lore systems do not.

If any factions want to give permission for me to discuss the process of their integration in this thread - for the edification of others - please indicate here.
So basically they negotiate with you, and then you change what they say and filter it back to the dev team.

Ah, just like old times. Glad to see nothing has changed. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Also, late post is late.:sleep:
Sounds bad to be honest. "Give us your system because if you don't your system is here to take space in the game and just to bully you us dev team refuse to take it into consideration and whatever you do with it. If you do we can do wtf we want with it because well we're the dev team and obviously most of your requests will be disregarded because one of us came with a better idea that absolutely doesn't satisfy what your faction is looking for!"
' Wrote:Sounds bad to be honest. "Give us your system because if you don't your system is here to take space in the game and just to bully you us dev team refuse to take it into consideration and whatever you do with it. If you do we can do wtf we want with it because well we're the dev team and obviously most of your requests will be disregarded because one of us came with a better idea that absolutely doesn't satisfy what your faction is looking for!"
Welcome to Discovery RP 24/7.

You of all people should know this, Alley.
This is neither more nor less than what existed previously.

The only thing that changed is that some factions forgot their guard systems were just guard systems.

If any faction does not like this, then keep your guard systems as your own private playgrounds - but remember that is all they were, are and will be.
' Wrote:This is neither more nor less than what existed previously.

The only thing that changed is that some factions forgot their guard systems were just guard systems.

If any faction does not like this, then keep your guard systems as your own private playgrounds - but remember that is all they were, are and will be.

But if they want, they can make it your playground instead. Seems like a legit tradeoff, bro, tell me more.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10