Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Omicron 92, is this Gaian ZOI?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ive posted a detailed description below, in post #3.
Maybe other base suppliers wannabees can find it useful.
... same could be asked of a Planetform ship in that deep Omicron region. You were both well out of your ZoI. Pot, kettle, and such.
I talked with Zukeenee and the Gaian in-game.
Matters are clear enough.

I made the following mistakes:
1.) I registered on a base supply contract, providing my ship name (not gonna happen again)
2.) I had no idea what the PFI) tag stands for and I blindly used it (jesus, Planetform...)
3.) I had the illusions that Gaians can't operate in Omicron 92 (technically, they cant)

What happened:
1.) Started trip to Omicron Zeta
2.) Someone sees my fresh application in the forums, now he knows my exact ship name*
3.) That person has a Gaian Bomber prepared and ready at the trade route**
4.) He watches the chat window, sees the path Im taking and positions himself in Omicron 92 at a JH
5.) I enter the system, he blows me up after 2 short lines***

What's the problem:

* Who would target people by looking at their forum applications? A base owner might. Or someone related to the base operations (friend, brother, cousin, whatever).
** Why a Gaian bomber? Cause the base suppliers use the PFI) tag and they are automatically considered on the Kill-On-Sight list.
*** Engagement notice appeared lightning-fast and was VERY short. That means the guy didnt care about roleplay, this short text was just to cover the rules...

**** Gaians have a ZOI. Their ZOI is Borderworlds (TAU's), Bretonia and MAYBE Independent Worlds (Cortez, Magellan, Omega 3). Omicrons are considered Edge Worlds, Nomad Space.

***** I had a PFI) tag, but there is something else into the mix - Freelancer IFF & ID. People have Outcast ships with Outcast ID and GC IFF, that doesent mean they are a GC, right? Same goes for Freelancer ID and Police IFF - the ID is the dominant way of identification.

Clearly, a nice way for PvP abuse.
Roleplaying in the forums might need to be based on some actual events that have taken place. Thats good, and I like this.
BUT roleplaying IN-GAME is mostly based on lies, used for PvP excuse.
This is the example. Here is what the Gaian said:
" Corsairs have told me you are heading to Omicron Zeta to supply a Zoner base and that you are Planetform " And he goes to catch me in a system that even 90% of the Order pilots dont know exists, Omcrion 92! Imagine the LR going to Hiroshima to claim a bounty! Ridiculous.

Supplying player bases....what was I thinking.
Planetform supplies its terraforming Operations (Atka in Liberty, Harris behind enemy lines, California Minor, maybe Holstein if Daumann contracts them), and obtains terraforming materials from various house systems, and borderworlds. They themselves have no business going into the edgeworlds. If you decide to trade WAY outside your ZoI and then complain that someone who is also outside of your ZoI blows you up, you're being quite the hypocrite, dear sir.
"And he goes to catch me in a system that even 90% of the Order pilots dont know exists" -> How the hell is a Bretonian corporate character supposed to know of that system then? The fact that you were using the official faction tag would quickly identify you.

Not enough time for a reply is something you could confront the other player on, but not the ZoI issue without correcting yourself first. If you intend to supply a playerbase in the deep Omicrons and want to RP that properly, use a Freelancer, GMG, Zoner, Outcast or Corsair ID'd transport. Those are the factions that have a strong presence in the Omicrons.
' Wrote:use a Freelancer, GMG, Zoner, Outcast or Corsair ID'd transport. Those are the factions that have a strong presence in the Omicrons.

Really? Read again then - I have Freelancer ID + Freelancer IFF.

Quote:How the hell is a Bretonian corporate character supposed to know of that system then?
It doesent! And IM NOT planetform!

So basically, you are saying this: If you make a Freelancer ID'ed and IFF-ed transport, with the name [LN]Josh.Ashcroft, you are AUTOMATICALLY considered a member of the LN?

Quote:you're being quite the hypocrite, dear sir.
No, the three of us are. You, me, and the gaian.
Ok, go to Omicron Delta, Theres a planet called Murilo.
If Gaian IDed player engaged you out of their ZoI, they broke the rules.

' Wrote:...
So basically, you are saying this: If you make a Freelancer ID'ed and IFF-ed transport, with the name [LN]Josh.Ashcroft, you are AUTOMATICALLY considered a member of the LN?

Yes.

Also you'd be breaking the rules if you're not actually a member of [LN]. Additionally, [LN] tagged ships aren't allowed to use the Freelancer IFF.
' Wrote:Yes.
And that's wrong statement. Admins told many times to base interactions on IDs since they show IDentity.
' Wrote:And that's wrong statement. Admins told many times to base interactions on IDs since they show IDentity.

Reading an ID tells you what the rules are for your interaction with another player. If someone has a [LN] tag, it would be bad roleplay to ignore the fact that they are identifying themselves as a member of the Liberty Navy.
Pages: 1 2 3