Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Appropriate Place for Fanfic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question -

Is the Stories & Bio board the appropriate place to post fanfic? Or is that for forum-rp and rp-backstory only?

I have some fanfic I wrote for the old Lancersreactor boards back in the day that I came across on an old computer and was inspired to post it and, perhaps, write a sequel or two.

Here's the thing - they take place in the Vanilla FL uinverse, and as such do not contain any of the non-vanilla factions, systems, ships, etc. Certain factions are treated a bit differently than the Discovery mod generally does.

Is that cool?

Thanks.
Well, we're certainly not going to delete the thread if you do post it there. If you were posting vanilla stories as a prequel, it'd be interesting to see if you could tie sequels into the Discovery canon.

Of course, you did say that the stories you have now vary in certain details, but adapting them, or explaining the differences in the later stories would certainly add a charm to them.
Yep. the Staph won't nix a story you wanna write simply because it doesn't fit into the discobox. Just for example, If you wanna write a story about Satanic bikers from Mars that discover a cure for the common cold, you cannot or even should not be stopped. Just understand that we are an extremely niche market & non-discoverse storytelling will have to be pretty damn compelling in order to be read, remembered & revisited by people ...but you have that freedom so long as you keep within the confines of the basic forum rules. Simple as that.

The section descriptions have evolved over time, so there's no specific 'go ahead' in any of the descriptions on the index anymore, but I'd recommend you just post it in the 'stories & biographies' section because that's where I'd put it if it were me.

Go. Do. Enjoy.
Stories. If thats what your planning on doing open the door and join the club lol. :yahoo:even tho I don't write I do like to read peoples stuff. Its always interesting.