Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Wow, this game community still exists?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Marie the mother of jesus Im surprised. Disco is still up and running!
I dont really know why I made this topic and I seriously doubt that anybody remembers me (if you do, I prolly owe you credits), but boy was I surprised when, after somehow digging in my subconscious mind and remembering about disco, the place where I started my online community driven game favboi`isms, i realized that this place is still alive.
A couple of questions while I dig in the darkest corner of my house for the fl disc :
1) is the disco server still located in Europe?
2) is it even worth returning to the game. Hasnt it died out or generally been screwed over? I remember back in `09 the servers peaked at 200people on them at saturday nights. Boy was that fun. Massive battle, memorable roleplaying, ehh, I miss the good old days when I had 17 people laughing at me on teamspeak, because I thought that the Swiss colider project was being called "Large Hardon collider". It took me a while till I realized I was wrong and arguing about a penis connector (I seriously believe nobody knows what the heck Im talking about, but those are the best memories of this community (yes, penises))

Long story short : Way to go keeping the forums alive, I just hope the game is still going strong!
Sorry, I can't really remember anyone from way back then. Yes, we are very much alive anyway.

1: I do think it's somewhere in Europe, yes.

2:Server can get full on weekends, so I figure the activity is about the same. Yes, there are still lolwuts and sanctions and ganking, but did you really think that would change? I still think the times you have a nice fight, good RP with someone, and etc is worth going through the bad. So yeah, you should come back.

Anyway, lots of rule changes and new in-game stuff. You should have a look at that too.
I would actually be surprised if anybody remembered me. I dont recall any specific names too.
To be honest I barely remember anything about the actual disco gameplay, except the main factions and their stances towards each other. It`s been too long!
I guess I should look around for a loan if I actually want to get back into the game. Even better, for a group to play with (always found the game getting booring when I`m alone.
You could join OSI (shameless plug) They have shared 3k ships, so that will get you going a lot faster. Anything past that, just look through the faction section, you'll probably see something you like.
Welcome back. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM or hit me up on Skype (look in my profile for my name there).
09 eh? 4.84?
I've been here since 08' and been trying to bring down this community ever since. It doesn't go down easy.

Also don't join OSI. They're Zoners. Join us. Since we've actually been around since '09, off and on.

And remember that those who come after me in trying to recruit you into their factions are not as cute nor friendly (sometimes) as I am. You have been warned.
' Wrote:Welcome back. If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM or hit me up on Skype (look in my profile for my name there).
I dont know why but your name rings a bell. ehh.

' Wrote:09 eh? 4.84?
I think I started playing when the server was running 4.83 or .82? I dont know exactly, I just know that I joined the forums and actually tried to rp at the beginning of `09.

' Wrote:You could join OSI (shameless plug) They have shared 3k ships, so that will get you going a lot faster. Anything past that, just look through the faction section, you'll probably see something you like.
I know my way around the forums. That I did lots back in the day. Also, when you`ve flown a 5k tranny (huehue), you dont really feel like flying a little 3k fart, now do you?
' Wrote:Also don't join OSI. They're Zoners. Join us. Since we've actually been around since '09, off and on.

Oh if we're going to toss who has been around, around like weight. Smiles. We've been around since '09. Not off and on, but since '09. We are Zoners though. Sometimes when that thought crosses my character's mind he thinks about taking the nearest air lock out.

Quote:I know my way around the forums. That I did lots back in the day. Also, when you`ve flown a 5k tranny (huehue), you dont really feel like flying a little 3k fart, now do you?

I dont know why but your name rings a bell. ehh.

Nope, but starting from scratch is the sucks. We'll give you access to mid range transports so that you can get to that 5k faster! :P

Ah, me neither. This isn't my original forum account or original handle - but we did start here nearly around the same time!
I think I remember you. Welcome back.:)
Pages: 1 2 3