Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirate Cruisers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Do have the pirates have the right to rob Transports while using a cruiser class vessel?
' Wrote:6. ID and role-playing engagement rules

6.1 Every player must have an ID equipped on his or her ship.

6.2 Removed.

6.3 Carrying multiple different types of IDs in a player ship is prohibited.

6.4 Removed.

6.5 Removed.

6.6 Aggressors are not allowed to destroy a trade vessel prior to issuing a demand, in system or local chat, and allowing sufficient time to respond. Demands may be cargo, credits or an RP demand, such as leaving the system. "Halt" is not a demand. You must say more than this to ask a ship to stop however you may destroy them if they attempt escape.

6.7 Removed.

6.8 For purposes of the server rules, the following ship classes are defined:

a) All light fighters, heavy fighters, very heavy fighters, super heavy fighters, and bombers are considered fighters;
b) Trader ships with cargo hold less than 650 units are considered freighters;
c) Trader ships with cargo hold more than 650 units are considered transports; Liners and yachts are transports.
e) Gunboats, cruisers (including destroyers and battlecruisers), battleships (including dreadnoughts and juggernauts) are considered capital ships.

6.9 You must follow the restrictions/allowances of your ID, as well as the diplomacy of the NPC faction it
represents. If your ID does not represent an NPC faction (generic IDs), then your reputation and conduct
must match the actions of your character. You must not dock at bases that your NPC faction is hostile to, or
attack allies of your NPC faction.

Note: IDs may contain restrictions/allowances which conflict with the rules. In these cases, the ID overrides
the rules.

6.10 Removed.

In short, yes.
You sure? Cause I know back in previous 4.85 that pirating transports in Cruisers was strictly probitated.
The rules changed, for the better.
Well, thank you all for the insight. Fears have just been redoubled.
Transport immunity from capital ships was removed, yes. So anything can now kill anything so long as sufficient RP has occurred first. Cruisers are generally the go-to ship for this, seeing as they have heavy capital firepower, as well as a cruise disruptor.

So yes, pirates can kill transports in cruisers and battleships. On the other side of the coin, lawfuls can kill smugglers and cargo pirates in cruisers and battleships.
Gone are the inglorious days of
'Drop your cargo smuggler, you're breaking the law.'
'No.'
*cue hilarity*
' Wrote:Transport immunity from capital ships was removed, yes. So anything can now kill anything so long as sufficient RP has occurred first. Cruisers are generally the go-to ship for this, seeing as they have heavy capital firepower, as well as a cruise disruptor.

So yes, pirates can kill transports in cruisers and battleships. On the other side of the coin, lawfuls can kill smugglers and cargo pirates in cruisers and battleships.
That's not the other side.

That's just two sides of the same coin. Discouraging players from using teamwork in piracy and policing in favor of Cruisers and the largest ships available with CD's.
That rule was put in place at start of 4.85 as a "TEST" that never ended. Until 4.86. It ended because every lolwut in a Pirate trans would rob traders in front of half a fleet of caps, and say "screw you, you cannot shoot me cause of rules" Despite RP. So the lolwuts got it removed by being azzhats. Believe me the first week it was removed the Yorktown killed well over 20 Pirate trans, and got almost as many "I report you" responses for it. It was a lol fest when they finaly read the rules to see it was removed.
All this topic shows me is yet again after almost 6 months after it was removed still people are not reading the rules.
' Wrote:That rule was put in place at start of 4.85 as a "TEST" that never ended. Until 4.86. It ended because every lolwut in a Pirate trans would rob traders in front of half a fleet of caps, and say "screw you, you cannot shoot me cause of rules" Despite RP. So the lolwuts got it removed by being azzhats. Believe me the first week it was removed the Yorktown killed well over 20 Pirate trans, and got almost as many "I report you" responses for it. It was a lol fest when they finaly read the rules to see it was removed.
All this topic shows me is yet again after almost 6 months after it was removed still people are not reading the rules.

Ever think of taking something smaller out of the hangar? If you have a fleet of caps, you should be able to muster 2 fighter that can take the transport out... No matter what side you're on, seems that nowadays people are only interested in caps... even more so then back in .84/85

I do want to add, that regardless what the rules are, I would always prefer roleplay over rules as to what is "allowed" for example: If my trader gets caught smuggling something into house space, then no matter what ship they are in, they should be able to stop me, arrest me and if I don't comply shoot me to bits...

It's a sad thing that we need rules for stuff like this, especially since roleplay should solve/answer 99.9% of these "issues"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5