Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: are rules enforsed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi
i have been playing on the server for a few days now and before this i have played on syberia server
my friend told me to come here and try a bigger server
i have a good enough english and i have rped a lot but not in english
i was told by angels tht rules here are very strict to make sure everyone rps
kudos to that
but i see many people who speak nonenglish and shot for no reason and noone does nothing abuot it
where are the admins ingame
are they on other ships?

i read that ppl can report others only twice
why?
on one hour i meet lots of rulebreakres and they should be sanctioned too
i cba reporting them bcause my english is not to good for it but i think others can
' Wrote:hi
i have been playing on the server for a few days now and before this i have played on syberia server
my friend told me to come here and try a bigger server
i have a good enough english and i have rped a lot but not in english
i was told by angels tht rules here are very strict to make sure everyone rps
kudos to that
but i see many people who speak nonenglish and shot for no reason and noone does nothing abuot it
where are the admins ingame
are they on other ships?

i read that ppl can report others only twice
why?
on one hour i meet lots of rulebreakres and they should be sanctioned too
i cba reporting them bcause my english is not to good for it but i think others can

sadly, this is how the server are.
People break the rules, and the most "problematic" rulebreakers are the non-english talkers. Because many of them know how to speak english.

A simple "solution" would be to send them a private message beginning with "//" telling them in a polite way to speak english.

Remember, reporting/sanctioning should be a absolute last resort.
' Wrote:sadly, this is how the server are.
People break the rules, and the most "problematic" rulebreakers are the non-english talkers. Because many of them know how to speak english.

A simple "solution" would be to send them a private message beginning with "//" telling them in a polite way to speak english.

Remember, reporting/sanctioning should be a absolute last resort.

but why is it a last resort
wouldnt more people read the rules if they knwo that they will get sanctioned if they dont
and it is hard to pm them while they shot you without reason
Admins do enforce the rules.

It's just that they've got lifes, too. And it should be clear, why you can't report the same person twice... they check all those reports, you'll just have to wait for it. And of course, the sanction only comes, when the admin staff considers it as reasonable.
' Wrote:Admins do enforce the rules.

It's just that they've got lifes, too. And it should be clear, why you can't report the same person twice... they check all those reports, you'll just have to wait for it. And of course, the sanction only comes, when the admin staff considers it as reasonable.

if so then why are there so litle admins?
sory for many questions
admins process the complaints they get. if you CBA to file a complaint then there's nothing to process. admins do it voluntarily, they arent paid to follow you around and drop the sanction hammer on everybody that offends your sense of rules.
' Wrote:if so then why are there so litle admins?

There are about 30 admins/moderators.

See here.
' Wrote:admins process the complaints they get. if you CBA to file a complaint then there's nothing to process. admins do it voluntarily, they arent paid to follow you around and drop the sanction hammer on everybody that offends your sense of rules.

omg im not saying they should do what i tell them
i dont report because i dont understand the reporting template
but i mean not everyone doesent understand it so why others do not report them
Like Ursus said, the admins aint paid to do the job.

Also, given the fact that we got about 8 admins guarding 250+ active users, i consider that "alot"...

In comparison; Combat Arms - 5 admins and 4 game mods, 3.5 million users. However those guys get paid to /banhammer people.
Do you think the amount of people reporting breaches of the rules are equal to or greater than those breaking them?
Pages: 1 2