Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-09-2014, 12:03 AM)[*USI*] Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Xoria,

I was wondering if there was a changelog specifically for the economy changes in Update 6?

EDIT: Oops, used the wrong account. It's Tenspot68 (Michael Trenton)
Nearly 4,000 price fixes due to geography changes. And I debugged as far down the alphabetical list of bases as far as 'F'. So basically, no real changes, just getting things back to normal after jump holes and some bases got moved around. I expect there are still price bugs on bases G to Z.
omg Xoria you're alive

Could we get sellpoints for Black Market Munitions changed to some Junker bases?

Detroit and The Ring are ridiculous places to be source of unregistered guns.
(03-15-2014, 08:16 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]omg Xoria you're alive

Could we get sellpoints for Black Market Munitions changed to some Junker bases?

Detroit and The Ring are ridiculous places to be source of unregistered guns.

Actually, it makes sense. And makes for more interesting encounters.
It does not.

Besides all the nonsense how would company tolerate production and distribution of illegal arms from their own station, what if someone plays pirate/unlawful and wants to smuggle that quite profitable commodity? Can't dock at lawful base, can't smuggle as hessian or rogue? Too bad, sucks to be him?

I thought smuggling needs to be encouraged.
(03-15-2014, 08:38 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]It does not.

Besides all the nonsense how would company tolerate production and distribution of illegal arms from their own station, what if someone plays pirate/unlawful and wants to smuggle that quite profitable commodity? Can't dock at lawful base, can't smuggle as hessian or rogue? Too bad, sucks to be him?

I thought smuggling needs to be encouraged.

Company doesn't allow. But employees manage to distribute some behind the scenes.
And as far as I know, Black Market Munitions are sold on Junker Depots in Rheinland and Liberty.
Snak3 is right about Black Market Munitions. The pattern is that contraband moves from unlawful bases to lawful bases, or from lawful bases to unlawful bases (and maybe some lawful too). The point is that having to be in scanner range of a lawful base at some point creates the risk that justifies the higher profit margin. An unlawful to unlawful commodity is not going to get high profit margins, as you can see if you examine those routes closely.

I've fixed another thousand prices due to geography changes, and I've reviewed all existing bug reports and made adjustments.
Hey hey. Can items with a default price of 500 ( luxury commodities ), such as Furs, Elixirs etc, be changed so that FL Companion 2.01 shows their buy points on commodity listing? And if there any more of such default=cheapest prices.

As far as I remember FL Companion 2.02 shows them, but is unable to load dynamic economy.
(03-31-2014, 05:37 AM)Anthony Hall Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings. I'd like to know if there were any price changes of items that are sold to Ageira Stations? And if there were no changes, can suggestions/proposals/requests be posted to be included for update 7?
Only geography related price fixes have been done. There is a pinned thread in the Bug Report Sub forum for requests.
(03-31-2014, 05:43 AM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey hey. Can items with a default price of 500 ( luxury commodities ), such as Furs, Elixirs etc, be changed so that FL Companion 2.01 shows their buy points on commodity listing? And if there any more of such default=cheapest prices.

As far as I remember FL Companion 2.02 shows them, but is unable to load dynamic economy.
So called default prices are set in the goods.ini file. This is the price assigned to each commodity if a price is not manually set at the base in the market_commodity.ini file. FLC only displays prices loaded from the market_commodity.ini file. So the answer is that making those prices show up in FLC would require them all being manually entered into the market_commodity.ini file, which is never going to be on my agenda.

In any case, you can always assume that the default price is the minimum price at any base unless its price was set manually, so there is really no point to need to see them in FLC. If a base doesn't show up in FLC buying a commodity, then it's using the default price, guaranteed.
Are these the speeds and delays that you are using to calculate profit/distance?

Average speed for cruise travel is 350
Average speed for trade lanes is 1900
Jump gate delay is 15 seconds
Jump hole delay is 15 seconds
Trade lane delay 10 seconds
Base reaching and docking delay 20 seconds

EDIT:
The problem I am talking about.

If the default price matches the cheapest point, where you can obtain the cargo it won't show on list that sell bases on non-default prices.
(03-31-2014, 07:41 PM)Snak3 Wrote: [ -> ]Are these the speeds and delays that you are using to calculate profit/distance?

Average speed for cruise travel is 350
Average speed for trade lanes is 1900
Jump gate delay is 15 seconds
Jump hole delay is 15 seconds
Trade lane delay 10 seconds
Base reaching and docking delay 20 seconds

EDIT:
The problem I am talking about.

If the default price matches the cheapest point, where you can obtain the cargo it won't show on list that sell bases on non-default prices.
Yes those are the correct settings.

So that's a bug in FLC. The only work around I can think of for that would be to change all the commodities that use the default price as the production price, and I don't feel like this is a big enough problem to justify the effort. You can get the info you want from FLStat already. You can also get it from the in game prices screen for each commodity, if you have already been to the base.