Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-09-2012, 03:52 AM)Gentlefood Wrote: [ -> ]EFL could have gas-enrichment pumps. Combination of a filtration system with a basic pump. Used in 'purifying' the oil and adding the necessary combustibles.

Mining can either be mining machinery or ore smelters. Or potentially the parts for them.

The process of filtering oil is not exactly related with its enrichment. The former involves the removal of impurities, usually suspended solids; whereas enrichment is achieved through a series of physical and chemical separations in order to acquire a specific fraction of oil.

Though, that does still give me some ideas for oil and gas related commodities:

- Pressurised Gas Cylinder
- Turbine / Compressor Unit
- Distillation Equipment
- Modular Pump
- Chemical Reactor Component
- Microfilter Sheet
- Wax
- Tar / Bitumen
- Industrial Solvent
- Heavy-duty Lubricant
I think you should better concentrate on fewer good routes rather than equally profitable routes for each damn station.
Couple of the recent updates/mod versions clearly showed that too big variety of routes and mining locations scatters the players throughout the sirius. Some say it's good.
But EH, WAKE UP! We have NOT that many people to fill up each and every system of this mod. This is NOT EVE!
1,5 years ago i barely could log the server in the evening time cause of it was full. I relate such activity drop primarily to the player "scattering" forced by your work. We all had good times with Alpha/Gamma raids, Dublin Gold Rush etc. Gameplay now is really BORING compared to the old one.

Please, take a look back! No need to blindly develop stuff just for the sake of it.
Reached a major milestone today.
All the new commodities are now assigned to production locations, and except for contraband all commodities have now been assigned new c/sec profit margins. Profit margins are largely dependent on the number of system jumps from the capital planet.
The basic formula is B+(N*5)+(C/200)+S
Where:
B = minimum profit margin (is 230 in 4.86, but is going up some)
N = number of system jumps from capital to reach production location, adds 5c/sec for each jump
C = cost of the commodity. Every 200 credits in additional cost above 200 adds 1 to the c/sec.
S = bonus or subtract for special circumstances (Small bonus for Dublin & Omega 11, deducts for local market commodities traded in-House only)

I might tinker around with the C variable. I might see what happens if I change it to (C/100)-1).

Next I need to decide how much of a bonus to assign to contraband. If you would like to suggest a percentage bonus, please do. Contraband of all types will cost in the 500 credit range to purchase at their origin.
Just don't forget Coalition Vodka! Wink We live on it. (nerd)
Several hours of tedious and time consuming coding done yesterday (mostly) and a little today. All new commodities have been added into two of the database files that determine some basic characteristics of each commodity. Theoretically, the new commodities should now be able appear in my test version of the mod, although I have not verified this yet.

I've also mostly finished a chart assigning new commodities to npc factions so that they will show up in npc cargo holds.

System work is nearly complete, and I expect to begin work on pricing within a week.

6 more commodities have been added since my first blog post, bringing the total to 53.
Having just completed the passenger traffic routes, I've now finished the planning for all the trade routes. The grand total comes to approximately 23,000 (they're split across two different spreadsheets and there is a 1 row gap between each commodity, so I'm not sure about the exact total), which means the market_commodity file with all commodity prices will be about 29,000 lines long, up from the current length of 15,139. That's about 14,000 new commodity prices, spread across the 53 new commodities and additional routes for nearly all existing commodities.

This includes full route planning for Gallia, such that there will be active routes between Gallia and Liberty/Bretonia, so that these do not ever need to be added once the war ends because they will already be there.

I've decided to place two of the new metals on Planets Harris and Leeds, so these locations will have permanent exports like all the other House planets.

The one thing that may remain to be done is to create an export for Planet Toulouse. If anyone in the Council can suggest something that could be manufactured there for export, I'm open to ideas.
(10-12-2012, 06:30 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]Next I need to decide how much of a bonus to assign to contraband. If you would like to suggest a percentage bonus, please do. Contraband of all types will cost in the 500 credit range to purchase at their origin.

Well, I'm not planning on throwing any numbers here because I lack context, how big bonus does Dublin and O-11 receive for example, I guess it's in 5-10% range but right now I'm in the dark. In any case it should definitely be bigger than those two, at least 50%-75% more than them. Especially given the length of the route and high-risk of interception once you hit Liberty, be it Artifacts or Cardi.
It took 4 hours, but I have a pricing scheme designed for good old fashioned food rations. Basing food production in each House at Planets Orleans, Kyushu, Cambridge, Stuttgart, and Los Angeles, all of the other bases in the mod will have their food rations prices determined based on which of those planets they are closest to.

Food rations will be about 25% less profitable than most other commodities, but that is still a substantial increase. One result of that is very high food prices outside House space, most of which will be around 1,000 credits. Most bases in House space will be in the mid to high hundreds.

The highest food price outside a Guard system would be Planet Akabat at 1881. The highest food price that is not in the Omicrons would be Planet Kurile at 1541.

Given the large number of ocean planets, I will not be attempting this for water, and oxygen is utterly impractical as a trade-able commodity.
What about SynthPaste? Will it stay as very cheap, 5 credits on Stuttgart and Los Angeles? It would encourage people to use it as POB food + newbie trading commodity (like Scrap Metal from Newcastle), giving activity boost for LWB, FA and SynthFoods.
(10-23-2012, 06:13 PM)Pavel Wrote: [ -> ]What about SynthPaste? Will it stay as very cheap, 5 credits on Stuttgart and Los Angeles? It would encourage people to use it as POB food + newbie trading commodity (like Scrap Metal from Newcastle), giving activity boost for LWB, FA and SynthFoods.
Synth Paste price is increasing to 49, which is still just 245k for 5000 units. Food Rations will be priced from 55 to 85 credits at the production planets, Stuttgart being the cheapest, Orleans most expensive.