Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems strange to have all of these commodities on a border station. Whatnot seems you're trying to do is just shorten flying time to access these goods.
(08-16-2015, 01:08 PM)Highland Laddie Wrote: [ -> ]It seems strange to have all of these commodities on a border station. Whatnot seems you're trying to do is just shorten flying time to access these goods.
You probably misread what I want. I want Brandenburg buying these items, not selling them.
Ah, my apologies. Didn't see "buying"
(08-15-2015, 08:40 PM)Rheinland Federal Polizei Wrote: [ -> ]Various schnitzel.
In the next update.

However it is pointless to suggest prices since they are determined by the mathematical formula of (travel time) X (rate of profit), not pulled out of the air. A simple suggestion of comparable bases nearby is sufficient.
(08-16-2015, 03:15 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2015, 08:40 PM)Rheinland Federal Polizei Wrote: [ -> ]Various schnitzel.
In the next update.

However it is pointless to suggest prices since they are determined by the mathematical formula of (travel time) X (rate of profit), not pulled out of the air. A simple suggestion of comparable bases nearby is sufficient.
Thanks a lot. Do you know when this update will be released?

Speaking of formula, isn´t there some mistake for Dortmund station? It si like five seconds of flight from Essen, but for example robotics has there significantly bigger price (Essen 1186, Dortmund 1351 - thas is even more than on New Berlin - 1268 - which is one lane farther). Same goes for ship hull panels which are shipped from Kyushu - Essen 4404, Dortmund 4749, and Bonn which is one lane farther only 4571.
(08-16-2015, 03:23 PM)Laura C. Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of formula, isn´t there some mistake for Dortmund station? It si like five seconds of flight from Essen, but for example robotics has there significantly bigger price (Essen 1186, Dortmund 1351 - thas is even more than on New Berlin - 1268 - which is one lane farther). Same goes for ship hull panels which are shipped from Kyushu - Essen 4404, Dortmund 4749, and Bonn which is one lane farther only 4571.
It's the miracle of multiplication: look at the second variable I identified. Not all bases are the same for many reasons.
Request

As the leader of The Council I would like to request the following:

Addition of a Fugitives buy point on Planet Houston, buying the commodity for $4748
(Optional: Removal of the already existing Pittsburgh commodity destination.)

Reasoning

From an economic balance viewpoint a commodity destination with the above price on Houston wouldn't be much different from the already existing Pittsburgh buy point. According to FLCompanion Pittsburgh ($4422) yields a 2,35966 cr/sec/slot for Fugitives while with the above price Houston would yield 2,35990 cr/sec/slot.

Ongoing roleplay between The Council and Tinker & Transport however will eventually result in a spread of news about T&T operations on Houston - namely Project Galena Park - among Gallic civilians within Champagne, as said roleplay already resulted in a share of information (or rather, advertisement) about it. Due to Toulouse still under terraformation and facing housing problems the other two destinations (Gran Canaria, Pittsburgh) have always had their fair share of immigrants. Gran Canaria is now freezing over, direction of migration is expected to turn around completely, resulting in less flow towards there and thus more towards the other destinations. Given all of the above I confidently expect that if fugitives on Marne and in Champagne hear good news about Houston and Galena Park, flow of Gallics is guaranteed.

Concluding this I think I can say that this change proposal is based entirely on roleplay and would have near to no effect on the economy itself.
(08-16-2015, 11:51 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]Addition of a Fugitives buy point on Planet Houston, buying the commodity for $4748
(Optional: Removal of the already existing Pittsburgh commodity destination.)
You've saved yourself more grief than you know, since I was unaware before I took a look at this that both Fugitives and the Gallic slave trade needed more attention after soon-to-be-released Gallic system changes. The short story is that I've fixed them both and implemented your request. You should note that since most Council and Maquis bases export Fugitives, the rates of return to Pittsburgh and Houston will vary depending on those bases' different geographic relation to Liberty. Only at Marne and a small number of other locations will the rates to both Liberty planets be equal. In some cases the difference is quite large. This cannot be helped.

BTW, the intention is for Planet Marne to be the main point of exodus for Council Fugitives fleeing Gallia, since that is where the Council's population is most concentrated. The other Gallic Council and Maquis bases are incidental. You might think of it as the outposts funneling towards Marne, and from there out of Gallia.
Small idea, perhaps allocate a Propaganda sell point to every Freeport and Freelancer base? Those sorts of places would encourage a large mingle of people with the amount of openness they have, so surely then you'd get all sorts of factions trying to spread their political message there. Plus it'd also make the commodity more accessible for people who want to RP with it.
Thank you very much, Xoria. And yes, what I didn't specify in my reasoning is that I used Marne as a reference for the rate of income and calculated the price from that, having what you said in mind, that Marne is the center of exodus.