Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-17-2016, 10:19 PM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]That's why it's called Research Station, right? Nah, I'd rather call it an independent research complex than a hub for random unlawfuls to gather.
It´s named Research Station because it used to be research station. While there is still some research going on, now it´s more something like freeport place. Including unlawfuls.
For the reference, infocard:
Quote:The Heisenberg Research Station was originally founded in 761 A.S. as a Rheinland government owned observatory and laboratory dedicated to the study of planetary body movements within the resource rich fringes of the Walker Nebula, as well as to record the orbital phenomenons around planet Steinfurt. A minor research station, it remained crewed by a small number of scientists for the next 6 years until the Rheinland government faced yet another wave of overbearing financial cuts and had decided to abandon the station. Powered down and abandoned for the next 50 years, Heisenberg fell into steady disrepair before eventually being repressurised by a group of squatters following the chaos of the Nomad War.

With most of its research equipment still intact and the stabilisation of a number of surrounding jump holes the station quickly found itself in the middle of many fringe trade and smuggling routes. Frequented regularly by passing explorers and adventurers, Heisenberg became something of a small freeport, while at the same time attracting many astronomers and astrophysicists from all across Sirius with its scientific equipment, and gaining a reputation of being a politically neutral place for great minds of science to converge and discuss their findings.
(01-17-2016, 09:23 PM)Impyness Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking as someone who enjoys flying his UC and smuggling from time to time, it seems like a bad idea in my opinion to take human organs from the gallic brigands when it's the only gallic produced unlawful commodity their stations sell and give it to a faction that already produces 3 unique commodities (medstasis bands, synthetic marijuana and stabiline).

There is also already a fair amount of roleplay around brigand organ smuggling. I personally believe that Human Organs should remain as a Gallic Brigand produced smuggling commodity, or that at least the main Nox sellpoint be moved to a brigand base.
I've readded Human Organs for sale at Ecommoy going to Brigand and Corse bases for approximately the same profits as now.

(01-17-2016, 10:36 PM)Tabris Wrote: [ -> ]I am curious if the economy of Omega-52 will be tweaked in the near future, it's economy is a bit of a mess right now and makes it undesirable for folks to ship goods to-from it. Sad
So far as I recall, it's the way the Coalition requested in the past.

On a separate issue, I expect a revision to Heisenberg's infocard.
Can we take a moment to talk about the fact that Liquid Cardamine isn't available for sale on Outcast bases, meanwhile it's own infocard states that it should be and entirely possible?

Quote:Cardamine, while normally ingested as part of the atmosphere or as a fine powder, can be rendered into a liquid substance. As a liquid it is shot directly into the bloodstream via injections and provides much more of a 'high' then the same dosage in regular form creates. This liquid is more easily transportable and more discrete then the masks which Outcasts normally have to use while away from Malta. This also provides an easy way for Outcast smugglers to supply the drug to House inhababitants without the telltale masks. Liquid Cardamine still alters the user's genetic structure and still creates unavoidable dependency.

I was told in the far-gone past there are "lore reasons" but given the constantly shifting nature of the nomad lore, I figured I'd bring this topic to attention--

Can we either get a sellpoint that makes sense or can the infocard be changed to reflect the lore please?
(01-19-2016, 05:51 AM)Crimson Cross Wrote: [ -> ]Can we take a moment to talk about the fact that Liquid Cardamine isn't available for sale on Outcast bases, meanwhile it's own infocard states that it should be and entirely possible?

Can we either get a sellpoint that makes sense or can the infocard be changed to reflect the lore please?
How about this: 3 simultaneous tiers of cardamine sales.
1) Cardamine (wholesale) sold at Malta and transported to Manhattan and other lawful bases, as it is now
2) Liquid Cardamine sold at Malta and transported to Buffalo Base (primarily) and other unlawful bases
3) Cardamine (retail) sold at Buffalo base (repackaged from Liquid Cardamine, presumably) and transported to Rogue, Hacker and Junker bases

1 & 3 are already implemented for the next update as I posted earlier, so 2 would be a step beyond that. However, in order not to overlap, under this 3 tier proposal I would strip tier 1 Cardamine from unlawful bases and replace those sales with Liquid Cardamine. So basically, if you want to smuggle Cardamine from Malta to lawful sites you'd use tier 1 Cardamine, if you want to smuggle from Malta to unlawful bases you'd use tier 2 Liquid Cardamine, and if you want to smuggle within Liberty between unlawful bases you'd use tier 3 Cardamine. And yes, that's 3 separate commodities in terms of game mechanics, but we're going to have that anyway.
The problem I have with that solution is the lore behind liquid Cardi-- in that it's apparently changed in the Conrad->Huggie transition for nomad leadership-- and seeing as changes have been made lore-wise to how cardamine works, I'm not 100% sure what it's current lore-status is.

Another thing: last I knew about Liquid Cardi-- it was a more powerful dosage of the drug than the standard airborne variant-- and was doubly more powerful than the cut-down doses that went to places like Liberty-- The Cardamine that the buyers in Sirius typically get is a lower-quality product than what the Outcasts use on their own bases, and far worse quality than what someone inhabiting Malta would normally inhale. Selling such a potent drug to Liberty-users doesn't make a great deal of sense to me.

To summarize:
The Cardamine inhalers and canisters sold to users is Cut-Cardamine: AKA smaller doses of the orange gas with some other gasses mixed in to stretch the supply and make users buy more
The Cardamine inhalers used by Maltese Natives away from the homeworld is Pure Cardamine which is much stronger and more indicative of Malta's atmosphere
and Liquid Cardamine is a much more pure and raw form of the drug in a liquid form, which can be very dangerous to humans and Outcasts alike.

As for alternatives a Liquid-Cardamine traderoute: I'm not 100% sure; many factions intrinsically tied to nomads use/require liquid cardamine, so maybe a buypoint on a neutral-friendly wilde base of some sort would be preferable-- the problem there being painfully out-of-date and nonsensical rephacks.

EDIT: A few of my faction members have expressed concern with the implications of use of Liquid Cardi as a trade-commodity; given that liquid cardi's lore doesn't really have it as being something widely available to anyone. An alternative would be just selling it on Malta and making the only buypoint be somewhere like Refugio; two jumps away- to better fit with the lore of the area.

EDIT EDIT: Better yet, a salepoint on Corsica would solve just about every problem, and keep the commodity rare at the same time.
Liquid cardamine? That's a really rare commodity with really specific source, does not make sense as the regular commodity. It is and supposed to be RP commodity according to all lore written behind it.
Liquid Cardi should be left as it is. Don't put it up for sale anywhere else as it's an RP commodity and it's meant to be extremely hard to get hold of.
LIQUID CARDAMINE

Cardamine, while normally ingested as part of the atmosphere or as a fine powder, can be rendered into a liquid substance. As a liquid it is shot directly into the bloodstream via injections and provides much more of a 'high' then the same dosage in regular form creates. This liquid is more easily transportable and more discrete then the masks which Outcasts normally have to use while away from Malta. This also provides an easy way for Outcast smugglers to supply the drug to House inhababitants without the telltale masks. Liquid Cardamine still alters the user's genetic structure and still creates unavoidable dependency.

not really very hard to get a hold of
(01-19-2016, 07:38 PM)Snoopy Wrote: [ -> ]Liquid Cardi should be left as it is. Don't put it up for sale anywhere else as it's an RP commodity and it's meant to be extremely hard to get hold of.

Seconded

Making it publically available is a no.
(01-19-2016, 07:41 PM)Impyness Wrote: [ -> ]LIQUID CARDAMINE

Cardamine, while normally ingested as part of the atmosphere or as a fine powder, can be rendered into a liquid substance. As a liquid it is shot directly into the bloodstream via injections and provides much more of a 'high' then the same dosage in regular form creates. This liquid is more easily transportable and more discrete then the masks which Outcasts normally have to use while away from Malta. This also provides an easy way for Outcast smugglers to supply the drug to House inhababitants without the telltale masks. Liquid Cardamine still alters the user's genetic structure and still creates unavoidable dependency.

not really very hard to get a hold of

This particular inforcard is wrong at so many levels. Somebody should rework it... please.