Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I pulled this from the install of disco I've had since I started playing the game, it's been this for at least two years. If people have done RP saying otherwise, it's their own fault for making something out of it that it's not. It's entirely possible the infocard was something else before I played, but at least since I've played it's been this.
Have you ever thought why is it selling only on the nomad and wild bases? Usually bases selling commodities that they consume or produce. :3
MAGNETS

A Magnet is a material or object that produces a magnetic field, attracting ferromagnetic materials and attracting or repelling other Magnets. Electromagnets are created by passing an electric current through a coil of wire. Specialized alloys and superconducting materials can be used to create extremely powerful Magnets that are very small in size. Magnets are used in medicine, industry, consumer products, power generation, and are critical to the specialized functions of Jump Gates and Trade Lanes.

did you know that magnets are critical to jumpgate / trade lane function despite only being produced by gallic factions according to your logic

noone else in the universe knows how to make magnets
yeah, and it says in the infocard, or at least implies, that the Outcasts can make it. So why isn't it sold off?
[Image: Q6Q7Ya0.png]

Cargo - Docking Rings
Changes and reasons - Remove buypoint on Gallic planets because that does not make sense. Lower price by half thus decreasing profit rate because this cargo has a lot of destinations making it much better than JG/TL Parts at this moment.

Cargo - Jump Gate and Trade Lane Parts
Changes and reasons - Remove sellpoint on Interspace Commerce stations to make this cargo as exclusive as it should be. Remove buypoint on Planet Harris because area is under Gallic control and no construction will take place.
[Image: fZqZyxc.png]
(01-19-2016, 08:32 PM)Ageira Wrote: [ -> ]Cargo - Docking Rings
Changes and reasons - Remove buypoint on Gallic planets because that does not make sense.

Totally supporting this... once we can land on Gallic planets without the need of Docking Rings, via planetdive without burning up in the atmosphere. Until then I'm fairly sure, just like in Sirius, there'll be a need for Docking Rings on Gallic planets too. Seriously, this "makes no sense" thing is quite weak imo.
The reasoning behind this is that these are Ageira docking rings I believe, not the other kind that was / is produced by Solar

that also dont exist in game
(01-19-2016, 08:29 PM)Impyness Wrote: [ -> ]MAGNETS

A Magnet is a material or object that produces a magnetic field, attracting ferromagnetic materials and attracting or repelling other Magnets. Electromagnets are created by passing an electric current through a coil of wire. Specialized alloys and superconducting materials can be used to create extremely powerful Magnets that are very small in size. Magnets are used in medicine, industry, consumer products, power generation, and are critical to the specialized functions of Jump Gates and Trade Lanes.

did you know that magnets are critical to jumpgate / trade lane function despite only being produced by gallic factions according to your logic

noone else in the universe knows how to make magnets

By your logic Outcasts are just Nomads and treir bodies/vessels can produce it, alright. Or you think Outcasts can make some kind of Nomad farm just to produce it with the purpose to ship it to Rouges? That's fine too I guess.
The infocard indeed describes the commodity as solely produced by Ageira, which warrants either infocard correction or another split of commodity into Sirian and Gallic variants. Or removal of Gallic Docking Rings and implementation of atmospheric landing mechanic. Now go figure which of these takes the least effort.

Solar's fine-technology department has been fused into EFL, with that it's also EFL dealing with Gallic Jumpgate, Tradelane and Docking Ring technology at the moment.
I'm sure years strong infocards can change, even if the change is silly

Why, alabama shipyard had APM written out even though it had been supported for years as well. Hah.