Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question:

Shouldn't Blue Jillies are priced a bit differently? It does make sense, since they require a special inRP license AND are a commodity for which you can be killed. It's not profitable anymore given the risks.

Not to mention pretty strange sellpoints.
I have a few suggestions that would enrich roleplay options and help in portraying player-drive development:

Falkland Base, Tau 37: Project “New Life”

Roleplay Justification: The IMG & Cryer are constructing a Rehabilitation Facility on Falkland. The goal is to research and “cure” cardamine addiction (especially of freed slaves, but also of caught smugglers that were exposed to Cardamine) by the use of Cryer’s new drug Stabiline.

Links to the roleplay:

> 1st Hauling Event "Stabiline Supply": http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=133377
> 2nd Hauling Event "Excavation": http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=134498
> Roleplay Thread: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=133714
> CR-IMG: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=133370

Medical Roleplay:

Gameplay: These selling points would allow haulers to drop the cargo off there without making losses. It also makes it easier for me to do “bonus hauling events” when the commodities actually already have a price (with balanced profits), onto which I can add further buffs when forum-rp is done.

Until now, we have been buying Stabiline via our T37 POB, at massive losses and with massive effort. (Link). Would be cool if this became easier.

Falkland therefore should buy:
> Med-Statis bands (keep the patients under control in withdrawal phases)
> Bio-Stability Monitors (monitoring them during rehab)
> Stabiline (the drug to replace Cardamine)
> Pharmaceuticals (to roleplay all other medicine needed)

Construction & Enhancement of the Rehab Center

Roleplay Justification: The New Life project will go on for years in roleplay, and at least for many months in actual server/forum roleplay. We have done “excavating” roleplay so far, and we would love to start building the facilities now. To roleplay the construction, these goods could be used.

Falkland therefore should buy:
> Plastics (basic building material)
> Basic Alloys (basic building material)
> High-Temperature Alloy (basic building material)
> Robotics (also useful as representation for medical machinery)

Java, Tau 23: Cardamine Incineration Facility

Should buy: Cardamine

Reason: Cardamine destruction by incineration (base even has chimneys)

Gameplay: Until now, we can only destroy smugglers and their cargo, like Junker ID, Freelancer ID. When we have a “destruction selling point”, we can force all those not red to IMG to dock. They can either sell there (which we assume irply), or launch later when we are away. For us, it would count as “safely destroyed”. I think that’s good roleplay, and it gives smugglers an “easy way out”, that does not mean cargo loss or death & cargo loss.

This would be damn cool if we could get these items on these base.

Thank you in advance for your effort!

Jack, for the IMG|
(01-21-2016, 01:11 AM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]I have a few suggestions that would enrich roleplay options and help in portraying player-drive development:
In the next update.
During trading, I found out there's commodity known as Ablative Armor Plating. It would make sense for Nagasaki to buy that commodity I suppose as Exiles and KNF are at war - giving activity for Hogosha or affiliates with Exiles to ship these goods from Rheinland into Nagasaki, given there's already sellpoint on Planet Kyushu.
(01-23-2016, 12:08 PM)Toris Wrote: [ -> ]During trading, I found out there's commodity known as Ablative Armor Plating. It would make sense for Nagasaki to buy that commodity I suppose as Exiles and KNF are at war - giving activity for Hogosha or affiliates with Exiles to ship these goods from Rheinland into Nagasaki, given there's already sellpoint on Planet Kyushu.
This is shipped only to bases, not battleships, because it likely needs to be installed at a shipyard or other docking facility.
Oh, I see then. I thought it would be good point to poke it to Nagasaki, since it has repair facilities for fighters - even rumored to be able to produce new ones.
Hey ho,

we want to RP a few things here and there. We could need some fuel and a certain device to realize our evil plans. Kruger and ALG would also benefit of the new commodities. As discussed with and , we agreed to the implementation of DT-Fuel as commodity for Kruger and Thorium-MOX as commodity for ALG, while Gleipnir Devices should only be used as RP commodity for BDM. Planned is the production of small amounts of said commodities to supply a few BDM vessels and for future rp.

It might be also interesting to add further commodities like Thorium (purchasable at Planet Hammersee or minable as ore in orbit of Planet Steinfurt) and Tritium (Sold at Wuppertal Refinery). But that's up to Kruger and ALG to decide. I just deliver the ground concept.

Name: Gleipnir Devices
Our concept: [►]
Infocard:

[Image: anti-nomad_devicecqoti.png]
The so called ''Gleipnir'' device, also known as nomad disruptor, is a countermeasure developed by the Büro der Marineintelligenz in the year 819 A.S. to counter the nomads and infested humans in Rheinland. It was based on readings and information the BDM were able to acquire from studying captured nomad incubi who have been separated from the mindshare during the nomad war. This portable device is capable to temporarily interrupt or completely disable the abilities of a nomad. The device releases sonic frequencies in omnidirectional paths, though the range is unknown. The frequencies block the specific portions of a nomad, which are responsible for their special abilities such as telekinesis and telepathy. Tests have shown, the device is not always reliable. The nomads are, however, able to overcome the device after some time, although it is still able to negate their abilities long enough to take them out while powerless.
Effects heavily depend on the capabilities of a nomad and are visible as soon as the device is activated, but a permanent paralysis is never guaranteed. During irradiation, some hosts have been observed to show symptoms in form of schizophrenia or unconsciousness due to a temporary paralysis of their parasite; often accompanied by headache, pale skin, sudden attack of sweating, nosebleeding, panic attacks, or even epileptic seizures. While nomads themselves often remain motionless in some kind of shock state.

Sold at:

● Schatten Research Facility, Frankfurt

Possible trade routes:

-

Name: DT-Fuel
Infocard:

[Image: dt-fuelm7pw2.png]
DT-fuel is a mixture consisting of an equal proportion of hydrogen isotopes, deuterium and tritium. It is mainly being used in fusion reactors to produce energy. With some technical effort it can also serve as propulsion medium in fusion engines of space crafts. Because of its technical requirements, DT based engines are not very common. Customers are therefore rather rare. So far, the Büro der Marineintelligenz has shown greatest interest in purchasing large amounts of said fuel, which turned out to be an attractive alternative to conventional H-fuel in long-term operations just as deep space recon.
DT-fuel is currently being produced by Kruger Minerals, planing to dominate the Rheinland market in near future and displace its competition - The Gas Miners Guild - in order to become independent of H-fuel supplies from Kusari. But these plans still lack of technical practicability and support from the Rheinland government. While the military is trying to prevent the open sale of said fuel. Too high is the risk of illegal purchases by criminal elements, who could use the contained tritium to build up an own arsenal of deadly explosives. Hence DT-fuel stocks are always monitored meticulously to ensure none of the exports will reach the blackmarket.

Sold at:

● Essen Station, New Berlin
● Mannheim Station, Frankfurt

Possible trade routes:

► Mainz Storage Facility, Frankfurt
► Schatten Research Facility, Frankfurt
► Munster Research Station, Bremen
► Planet Nuremberg, Munich
► Mecklenburg Station, Luneburg
► Planet Hammersee, Luneburg
► Elbe Station, Omega-7
► Yokohama Shipyard, New Tokyo
► Wuppertal Refinery, Koeln
► Alabama Shipyard, Omicron Rho
► Capetown Station, Omicron Zeta

Name: Thorium-MOX
Infocard:

[Image: thorium-moxysunv.png]
Thorium-MOX is a high-quality nuclear fuel, consisting of spherical fuel elements, filled with thorium oxide (ThO2), and plutonium oxide (PuO2) as fissile driver. Thorium oxide has excellent material properties for serving as nuclear fuel in high-temperature reactors. It has a higher thermal conductivity, has the highest melting point (3300 °C) of all known oxides, and it retains fission products better within its crystalline lattice. Thorium oxide fuels can therefore operate at higher temperatures and exhibit less fission gas release than usual uranium-MOX fuels. It is therefore recognized that thorium-MOX can operate safely to high burn-ups. ALG is currently the one and only known provider of thorium fuels, whose customers are primarily of military origin.

Sold at:

● Wuppertal Refinery, Koeln

Possible trade routes:

► Mainz Storage Facility, Frankfurt
► Mannheim Station, Frankfurt
► Schatten Research Facility, Frankfurt
► Oder Shipyard, New Berlin
► Planet Nuremberg, Munich
► Mecklenburg Station, Luneburg
► Planet Hammersee, Luneburg
► Alabama Shipyard, Omicron Rho
► Capetown Station, Omicron Zeta

(01-25-2016, 02:48 PM)SkyNet Wrote: [ -> ]Name: Gleipnir Devices
I will probably implement parts of this request at some point, but I'm not ready to go into details. Do you have .3db files of those commodity icons? If you do, please deliver them to me or another developer, because I prefer not to create new commodities without icons ready to go.
I'm also curious, does BDM have access to or control of a POB?
(01-30-2016, 10:06 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-25-2016, 02:48 PM)SkyNet Wrote: [ -> ]Name: Gleipnir Devices
I will probably implement parts of this request at some point, but I'm not ready to go into details. Do you have .3db files of those commodity icons? If you do, please deliver them to me or another developer, because I prefer not to create new commodities without icons ready to go.
I'm also curious, does BDM have access to or control of a POB?

The BDM had an agreement with RS| which gave us access to production facilities of Nassau Space Port. But i doubt that the current RS| leader want to continue the RP. So nope, we don't have a PoB right now.

The .3db files are here.
I would love to be able to buy artifacts from Alcudia Supply Station in Omicron Lambda, for a price between the one on Crete and the one on Lagos in Sigma 13. Yes, I am directly interested in it but I don't think anyone would mind more activity in Lambda/Munich, especially the two new factions (CTC and IR) that are based in that area.