Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Development Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason, Nox is not being sold on Planet Marseille despite the info cards for both Nox and the planet both stating that it is not only common there but only able to be easily produced there. Could we please have this fixed.
Lets just talk about Nox a little more...
http://imgur.com/a/zH0qh

Why is Nox only sold on one place for 2000 credits and the sale price is in NB for 6000?
There has got to be a mistake here, no? What was wrong with the prices and buy locations before such as in the Monte Carlo Freeport station in Provence?

Furthermore how about Cigars?
It makes even less sense here with the prices as the profits go negative.
http://imgur.com/a/zdThi

Or is FL companion 2.02 just messed up :| ?

Edit: Was informed that Nox is sold on Monaco Base for 1000. Fair enough then. From my side i have no complaints.
I wonder why FL companion 2.02 is giving out invalid results?

Edit agian: "FLCompanion has a bug when a sale price is equal to default price."
I'll get FLStat now...
What is the reason for the widespread removal of water sellers? Is it to make POB supplying more annoying in some locations?
(02-13-2016, 06:07 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2016, 05:33 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2016, 07:07 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]====================
Type: Commodity
Bug: Pueblo Station Doesn't Sell Magnetic Superconductors, the PoB build item
====================

Here and Here and Here

No, nor should it. - Xoria

I disagree that the only place in Liberty to buy Magnetic Superconductors is from a Junker Base, I would think that the Ageria base in Colorado would be more in lore than coming off a station run by scrappers. I would like the point brought back to where it was
I originally thought you must be looking at Pueblo Bonito, since the game files clearly show Magnetic Superconductors for sale at Pueblo Station in Colorado. I've changed nothing, so someone else must have removed it from the server via FLHook. I can't imagine why.

This whole going in circles thing is a waste of time, so seriously who's butt do I need to kiss to get it fixed? Because right now both of you are saying "not me" and unfortunately "not me" isn't listed on the dev team.
(02-15-2016, 05:50 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]What is the reason for the widespread removal of water sellers? Is it to make POB supplying more annoying in some locations?
Water is sold on planets, freeports, and shipyards. If you can pinpoint any locations that have an especially hard time with that, it might be more productive than snark, which will produce nothing.
(02-15-2016, 06:33 PM)Captain_Nemo Wrote: [ -> ]...
This whole going in circles thing is a waste of time, so seriously who's butt do I need to kiss to get it fixed? Because right now both of you are saying "not me" and unfortunately "not me" isn't listed on the dev team.
When Alley's updated config goes live everything should return to what you see in FLStat via the ini files.
(02-15-2016, 06:50 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]Water is sold on planets, freeports, and shipyards. If you can pinpoint any locations that have an especially hard time with that, it might be more productive than snark, which will produce nothing.

I didn't mean to sound snarky, I was just curious why this change was made. Since water is nonviable as a trade commodity and its only purpose is as a POB commodity, the only consequence is certain locations becoming slightly harder to supply.

An example is Kepler, with the source changing from Ames to Denver. I'm sure there's plenty more.
(02-15-2016, 07:28 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]An example is Kepler, with the source changing from Ames to Denver. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Actually i requested Xoria to fix and get back water on Ames Station. Smile
Thx Xoria Big Grin
(02-15-2016, 07:28 PM)Karst Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2016, 06:50 PM)Xoria Wrote: [ -> ]Water is sold on planets, freeports, and shipyards. If you can pinpoint any locations that have an especially hard time with that, it might be more productive than snark, which will produce nothing.

I didn't mean to sound snarky, I was just curious why this change was made. Since water is nonviable as a trade commodity and its only purpose is as a POB commodity, the only consequence is certain locations becoming slightly harder to supply.

An example is Kepler, with the source changing from Ames to Denver. I'm sure there's plenty more.

I do also wonder the purpose of such a change.
What is the reasons behind it ?

Another question that came to my mind, is why keeping sellpoint on shipyard and freeport. I can understand that planets might have a large stock of water, in oceans, glacier, rivers, and so on. But freeports and shipyards ?

And last one : the pricing of water seem also strange to me.
It look like the pricing is linked to the major supplying planet(s) of each house : the farther you 're from it, the higher the rpice is.

However it doesn't take into account the proximity of icd field in space, like the barrier nebula, for example. Or planets outside of house space that would be closer to a base selling water, than the main house space planet that the price is set in accordance to. ( not sure about that tho' ).

Edit : it also seem that ice fields have been disabled.
What's with station specifically built at the location they are at with supply source proxmity in mind? Can the removed sale points be restored? Can stations be relocated free of charge due to this change hitting them quite negatively without any owners being at fault?
(02-15-2016, 09:04 PM)Blodwyn ODriscoll Wrote: [ -> ]I do also wonder the purpose of such a change.
What is the reasons behind it ?
Another question that came to my mind, is why keeping sellpoint on shipyard and freeport. I can understand that planets might have a large stock of water, in oceans, glacier, rivers, and so on. But freeports and shipyards ?
And last one : the pricing of water seem also strange to me.
It look like the pricing is linked to the major supplying planet(s) of each house : the farther you 're from it, the higher the rpice is.
However it doesn't take into account the proximity of icd field in space, like the barrier nebula, for example. Or planets outside of house space that would be closer to a base selling water, than the main house space planet that the price is set in accordance to. ( not sure about that tho' ).
It looks to me like you answered your first question already. Freeports exist as trade/supply hubs, and shipyards are built for the express purpose of resupplying spaceships. As to ice fields, if you provide me with a list of all such areas, I can take that into account, but I have no easy access to that information.

(02-16-2016, 12:03 AM)Thyrzul Wrote: [ -> ]
What's with station specifically built at the location they are at with supply source proxmity in mind? Can the removed sale points be restored? Can stations be relocated free of charge due to this change hitting them quite negatively without any owners being at fault?
If you can provide their locations, I can investigate.